Terminator: Dark Fate

I'm not sure what the box office gross has to do with anything. If box office mattered, Michael Bay would have at least 5 Oscars by now.

Frankly I think we both know that The Terminator is the second best Terminator movie after T2, and that has nothing to do with box office. Terminator 1984 has a lot going for it. It's immensely dated, but on a visual level it's groundbreaking and has a fantastic soundtrack and story.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the box office gross has to do with anything. If box office mattered, Michael Bay would have at least 5 Oscars by now.

Frankly I think we both know that The Terminator is the second best Terminator movie after T2, and that has nothing to do with box office. Terminator 1984 has a lot going for it. It's immensely dated, but on a visual level it's groundbreaking and has a fantastic soundtrack and story.
I went to a judgement day double screening of T1 & T2 last night. T1 holds up better in my mind. The only bit that was really dated was the stop motion endo at the factory. The liquid metal and morphing effects on T2 look really poor by todays standards, and there is a lot of them in the film.

In regards to Dark Fate, Terminators are like lightsabers, each new film has to have a new fancier one than the last films.
I've been burned too many times by terminator films to say I'm excited for this, but I'm definately interested.

And they're using the stupid F$&king endo from Genisys. OMG why!!!! I'm guessing it's a copyright problem but damnit WHY!!!

IMG_2715.JPG

And they're using the stupid F$&king endo from Genisys. OMG why!!!! I'm guessing it's a copyright problem but damnit WHY!!!

View attachment 1054211

It's really not. It has to do with money.... it was cheaper for them to redesign the endoskeleton for Genisucksass, rather than using the OG T-800 design.
So they apparently went the same cheap road this time around.

Yay Arnold is back!
Yay Linda is back!!
Yay John Connor is getting killed off!

Well the first two were real and the sarcasm is very strong with the turd, sorry, third.

I’m 100% convinced they only got Furlong for some closed set pickup shots of John being killed. I bet if they hadn’t secured him then Sarah would have just alluded to it in an exposition dump.

The new trailer provides more insight into the film's narrative. It doesn't look any better but you get a better sense of what's going on.

I was really rooting for this one, but from everything I have seen and read (several spoilers) it doesn't seem like anything special. I was hoping for something fresh, dynamic, and surprising. I was hoping they'd work out a new story to tell and not just retread the first film while fitting in old Arnold as a hero bot . . . again.

Ah well. At least the action scenes should be entertaining.

I must be the only person that liked Genisys. Not interested in this at all.

I don't care about franchises. I don't give a damn about Terminator movies, I care about good movies. I don't care about Star Wars movies, I care about good Star Wars movies. Same with Star Trek. Same with Ghostbusters. It isn't the franchise that matters, it's the quality of the end product. I wish more people cared about the quality and not the label. Studios would stop thinking they can make garbage and slap a label on it and it will sell.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back