Terminator: Dark Fate (Post-release)

What did you think of Terminator: Dark Fate?

• Total voters
At least the main cast (and future fighters) didn't look like they just came out of a luxury spa and had sushi for dinner, like everyone did in the last couple of films (including the homeless guy in Genisys).

A real steaming turd. I was actually looking forward to it as well! It made Terminator 3 look like T2! I was actually interested for the first 5 minutes. The 1 compliment I can give is that young Sarah Connor looked great! Amazing CG.

Last edited:
Interesting. Collider folks are raving that it is great. However everyone else says it is crap. 'course Collider loves everything. Roxy is hot, but she's one of those gals that ---sorry to say---is hot, but I don't think I could stand to be in a room with her, without a ball gag in her mouth.:cautious:

it was escapism popcorn fun. derivative of T2 as usual but I enjoyed Linda Hamilton. She was why I went to see it. I never take the terminator films seriously. time travel movies are fantasy fluff anyway.

I thought it funny how much press there was about the return of Edward Furlong to the franchise and it turned out it wasn't really actually so. they did a good job of the cgi cameo but I was actually pleased to see the little bugger get blown away. lol!

Well this was kind of a let down, there was really nothing new and refreshing.

So, this movie is essentially T-3 (redux). The old T3, Salvation, and Genisys' are now considered alternate timelines. In this reboot, an upgraded Terminator, the REV-9 is sent back to kill (no kidding but we have to start somewhere.) Only this terminator has super duper powers and is frankly of a design that stretches even the Sci-Fi imagination. Were such an advanced Terminator design to exist, humanity would have been quickly obliterated. So it makes whole movie kind of pointless since there would have been humans left to send back. At least with the T-800 and the T-1000 there was a glimmer of hope in being able to defeat them. But let's continue to slog along...

I'm not sure if Linda Hamilton forgot how to act or if she was just trying to get back at her ex-husband, but she kind of really sucks in this. Gabriel Luna, the REV-9 wasn't bad, but he certainly was no Robert Patrick. The Governator was good as always and quite frankly, is about the only savior of this movie. His robotic character is deeper than any of the others involved and he's the one you find yourself caring most about.

I will say that the story arc which wasn't pointless is mankind's complete reliance on technology. It's that very dependence that still ends with our downfall, which is probably more apropos now than when the franchise first started in 1984. Though, I suspect most of that will likely be lost on many of today's younger audience.

Overall, the movie is short of surprises and falls flat. Wait for a streaming release and catch it on a night that Live-PD is showing re-runs.

SPOILER:
How the REV-9 is finally destroyed is rather absurd. Oh it would work, but it would have also destroyed the T-800 at the same time. They didn't think that one through at all.

Interesting. Collider folks are raving that it is great. However everyone else says it is crap. 'course Collider loves everything. Roxy is hot, but she's one of those gals that ---sorry to say---is hot, but I don't think I could stand to be in a room with her, without a ball gag in her mouth.:cautious:

Some folk over at Collider are actual shills. Say one thing on camera and something very different off the camera.

RIP
John Connor 1985 - 2019 :( :( :(

Yeah it seems every time movie licensing rights change hands, there's inevitably going to be some producer who believes they have a 'new vision' that 'get's it right'. They seems to think the creators of the project didn't get something right. Hahaha, the hubris. For the Terminator franchise, now it's David Ellison's turn to dismantle. Silly us, for getting attached to our childhood mythos and thinking they'd remain untouched.

I’m happy to say that Salvation is the only post T2 entry I’ve seen and that I likely won’t be adding this new one to the list. Also I called it on John’s fate as soon as Furlong was announced.

I liked Dark Fate very much. Sure they pushed aviation science past the limits of believability, but I enjoyed the story and the action:

I haven't seen it yet and may just in support of Linda. She's the draw card for me. I'm starting to think Jim is a has been though, like so many others. Success goes to their head and they just lose the knack to make something worthwhile. I mean how many Avatars is he working on? Sheesh I enjoyed the first Avatar for what it was but there's no need for more. Also didn't he plan another 2 of these Terminator movies? Stop remaking T2 and just be done with it already.

Ben

So this is my whole issue with the entire movie. If John is killed and never becomes a man and leader of the Resistance then why was the first Terminator sent back to 1984? If John never existed in the future then no need for The Terminator to go back in time or Kyle Reese to follow and become Johns Father. This is why for me the first movie was perfect! It is a loop, John would live, become the leader, The Terminator comes back to kill Sarah, Kyle comes back and becomes Johns Father. If The Terminator never went back in time then Kyle would not have and that would have stopped John from being created at all! I love the first movie, the second is good, the rest don't exist for me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back