Terminator 2 grenades

T2SF

Something I worked on the past week. Not many "replicas" available. I mean people can just buy used practice grenades and paint those and then add the stenciling.

I molded a practice grenade, painted them up and then added a stencil. I made the stencils cutting blue tape with a laser cutter. I was a little too close with the spray paint so some of the stencils were thick. I have to work on better casting those, some tiny air bubbles. I used MMD green putty on some of the larger holes. There also seems to be 2 variations on the grenades used. A gold top and casing with silver and yellow stencils. And a Olive Drab bottom (more realistic) casing. I like the look of gold :)

aww7c2.jpg

I have slings :)
Can someone check my thinking... on how to best make a multiple part mold?

I was thinking of a mold with 6 grenades, in a 6 pack formation. I was thinking of gluing the base of the grenade to a flat piece of foamcore and also gluing a sprue at the tip of the grenade.

The sprue would be just a plug so i could used compressed air to pop the grenade out.

And I would pour the mold bottom side up or base of grenade up.

I might even attempt degassing with a standard home vacuum.

Thanks

C

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back