Terminally ill 3 year old Star Wars fan bullied online.

Kamin Ressik

I'm too busy running the Imperial Royal Arms website so I mostly lurk here on and off.

I own the IRA custom Lightsaber forum and troop with both the RL as Jedi and the 501st as TK-42119.

I came across this story about three weeks ago. Little 3 yr old Grayson was born with 22 birth defects and has undergone 24 surgeries. People were making cruel memes regarding his facial features. One article I saw had a picture of Grayson sitting on his dad's lap in the hospital wearing matching Star Wars shirts.

8b3d69b944d7a214b407d74231fbe115_zps3xanzjxl.jpg

Being moved by this story, I contacted Grayson's mom and set things in motion. This was not a 501st/Rebel Legion event. Our site, the IRA, raised money to help pay some of their medical bills, built four custom lightsabers, Lightsaber stands, a Jedi cloak for his dad along with many other props for the family. Grayson's saber was appropriately a yoda saber. When the saber initially boots up it plays the following message. "Master Grayson, size matters not." I flew down to their home in AL, suited up in my TK armor and spent the afternoon with them.

I'd just finished a troop for the Rogue One premier and left my boots behind. Sneakers on a TK. How embarrassing. Everyone thought it was funny though and we all got a good laugh out of it. I'd have never left my Jedi boots behind. That's what I get for going "Rogue" and joining the 501st.

I'm forwarding their story on to as many online sites as I can in hopes we can help this family fully fund Grayson's medical bills. Please feel free to like and share their story with as many online venues as you can. This family was so greatful by what we did for them. They never knew organizations like the 501st and the RL even existed and were blown away when we walked through their door.

When Grayson was born he was given 2 weeks to live. He's now 3 years old. He's very smart, alert, funny, active and lovable. And he LOVES Star Wars. Grayson is a fighter that won't give up. The IRA has partenered with Grayson and we're fighting alongside him to help pay his medical bills.

https://www.facebook.com/Graysonkole/?pnref=story

https://www.youcaring.com/grayson-kole-smith-597389 :lol:[/quote]

Luke! This is amazing!!!!! Although this isn't a 501st thing and it was all YOU and your big heart, you still represent us (all Star Wars fans) well!
And thank you. It only for providing such an amazing moment in Grayson's life (and his parents! I'm sure won't ever forget it) but also thank you for bringing this story to our attention!

Maybe now we can, as a legion, get involved!

And I also have to say, glad to have you joining our ranks and the CTG! Proud to have ya!

-----
Renata Gatti
DS/DZ/TK 5323
501st Legion - Connecticut Garrison
Commanding Officer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back