Teenage mutant Ninja Turtle props / weapons

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

im a huge fan of the original tmnt live action films and always wondered if anyone knows who made the sais that raph used in the films. I remember reading somewhere that a company had to make these special on account of the turtle fingers being to big to hold.

i even saw a pic of a sai in someones collection here on the rpf. but havent had much luck getting info on it. there have been pics on "yourprops" which say they got them from the same makers of the film. I just cant figure out who those makers are. cheers if anyone knows.

bumparoo? i would love to know what kind of nunchuckas Michaelangelo used and where the sais that raph used where made. would be cool to know.

Very good questions.... I am going to give you a free bump here as my curiosity is aroused as well! Lord knows it wasn't those 'officially licensed' TMNT weapon replicas you can buy that come with the bandanas. Those are terrible excuses for prop replicas!

thanks for the bump, yea i have always wondered who made them and if they were custom props for the film. i'm sure they wouldn't be hard to replicate but something I've always thought about.

not sure if anyone wants to share but thought i'd post just some stuff i have from my collection. some of these were bought from a set dresser on the film and i have some gifts and jackets given to them too but will need to take pics.

2rxfwnt.jpg

2zywyh1.jpg

this is very old and its a paint test head from film one and two. has molds of the bottom teeth and toung. I never touch it since its really dry.

xmmvf9.jpg

this is a screen used Michaelangelo head wrap bandanda. on the other side it has green paint/glue residue

1zezcpe.jpg

also from tmnt 2, this is donatellos end bandanna part

2wd12iq.jpg

upper left side is a production made TGRI canister from tmnt 2. I also have the replica made here by an rpf member.

feel free to share you own pieces as well!!! lets keep this alive!!

Is that Raphael head from a movie or a custom head because It doesnt seem to resemble the movie Raph's but maybe the Next Mutation or something? I have one of the fan made Canister of Ooze as well and love it and have hired an FX artist to make me a replica Raphael movie one head for display.

thanks for the compliments! the Display case is an Oakley metal display tower. Had to get it from a store.

I was told the raph head was a stunt mask for the fight scenes, but i honestly don't believe that. I feel its a fan made head, its well done and you can see inside when you put your head through the hole on the bottom with the zipper open.

im hoping to encourage other tmnt prop owners to post there stuff up. so this can be a definitive tmnt prop thread. its a hard movie to come by for props. cheers.

hi agliarept

We would be glad to promote your collection on our french wbesite dedicated to props and replicas news and reviews. Would you allow us to publish some pics of yours ?

Hey agliarept,

I might have a couple of things for you, will have to check storage. I have recently taken a couple of pics of my septor and a shell that I have. But I do have more, will get back to you...

xman's photos - Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

But I do have more, will get back to you...

wow these are wicked pictures! thanks so much for sharing these! very much looking forward to see what else you have in your treasure trove! cheers!

I love the turtles stuff, but I'm also a huge Oakley fan. As soon as I saw the display case, I knew what it was. I have an older model tower, but want to get a few of the model that you have if I can ever find them.

Mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back