Teen Titan Robin help for my son

theladyscarlett

Hi guys! I have been SCOURING the internet trying to put together a decent Teen Titan Robin for my 10 year old.... unfortunately im awaiting surgery on my hand and cannot sew. AARGH! I cannot find anything that doesn't look like a Ruby's costume, I found a few Zentai suits but none of them were Teen Titan...they all had briefs or shorts, same on Etsy.

I had thought about buying a green morph suit off amazon with a red compression shirt over it? but hes leery of the all spandex.... I can pay a bit for the base costume and cape I just want to get him something better then a morphsuit....

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

robin_by_leonathefox-d6joqec.jpg

Going for absolute accuracy on animated costumes is always a lofty goal, since most animation artists take stylistic liberties with body shape that just don't translate well to real life. If you want to continue that route, here my suggestions. Get a pair of kids' green tights or compression pants, buy a simple green T-shirt, then commission a sleeveless torso from someone to be printed and sewed by someone or someplace else. The torso piece will pull on over the t-shirt (bunching up the t-shirt fabric in the back since that will be covered by the cape). You'll achieve the tight, streamlined torso and legs, while keeping the sleeves loose.

The other option is more of a realistic take on the art. For the pants, get some green kids denim pants, skinny/slim fit. For the torso, similar to above, you buy a simple green t-shirt, then a red t-shirt one size too small. Cut the sleeves off the red tee and simply pull it on over the green one. The 'R' and chest details can be made out of craft foam and attached to the red tee with snaps. You can distress the whole costume with a cheese grater, razor blade (for the bottom seems), and some coffee grinds. It will be a bit darker and not as accurate, but depending on what your son likes, he might find it even cooler since it will look like it came from the back corner of his closet and has actually been through some fights.

I like all of those ideas! We are actually a part of a large Batman group for con, and I am VERY big into comic accuracy:) but its a kid so sometimes i have to let it be...... Im just very frustrated at not being able to sew because we are big on the cosplaying:)

I haven't been able to find any green compression pants yet that would fit him, which would definitely be better because kids cant hold it for the whole day like i can! I may have to order a morph suit with a crotch zipper if worst comes to worst. He told me earlier he is totally fine with all spandex...he did it last year with green lantern and also " if Robin can do it so can I' :)

Mainly worried about the cape now.....id just get a yellow and black and slap them together but that neck cowl is pretty specific............. also the wig styling...omg...wigs are the bane of my existence...ive tried EVERY tutorial online about spiking wigs and they never work for me. Ive ruined several down the years.....

I would get the torso custom designed and sewed if you want a high accuracy, and make the black shoulder-and-neck area part of the garment's printed design. Then you need only a simple yellow fabric cape, with a large neck ring, to be attached to the shirt where the black of the neck/shoulders meets the red of the rest of the torso.

As for the wig...yikes. I sympathize. Given how static it is (not unlike Anime hair designs) you might be able to build it out of foam. The time difference between foam and a wig is probably negligible, but I think the foam might be more forgiving and less of a headache, what with not having to deal with rogue strands every 3 seconds.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back