TEASER!!!

Sounds like it'll be a little big for me unfortunately, but great work. The details look absolutely fantastic!

Great detail, awesome pred suit, the best yet! As far as size, the bigger suits are very easy to modifiy to fit smaller sizes....the other way around is a challenge.

ok so i'll ask the question everyone is probably wondering... are you gonna sell these bad boys and if so how much

Yes. They will be available soon. The first 4 castings are already reserved, so once molded, depending on how quickly I can turn out the ones that are promised, I'll be in production immediately thereafter. The "molding party" will likely get rolling on Friday... Get a good nights sleep on Thursday Dave!!!

As for price, it will depend a lot on how clean the mold turns out, etc... This isn't really the proper forum for that anyway, but when it's finished, I'll have them in the Buy and Sell forum... But probably about $1,000,000.00 or so, give or take a few hundred thousand... :)

As for price, it will depend a lot on how clean the mold turns out, etc... This isn't really the proper forum for that anyway, but when it's finished, I'll have them in the Buy and Sell forum... But probably about $1,000,000.00 or so, give or take a few hundred thousand... :)

wrong forum is correct.. ...

1 million dollars you say.. hmmmm pocket change...

looking forward to seeing how these turn out

Hey Dude, very nice work. I think a lot of people don't realize the amount of effort that goes into a project like this. You are a motivated individual.

Dang Scott, I leave to get married in Maui for 2 weeks and come back and you bust this out..........HOLY ****. It turned out great........cant wait to get one now

Thanks all! I'll be casting the first of this one along with the female skin in the next couple days and hopefully, will have one of each fully finished in the next couple weeks.

I want to take a minute to throw out a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thanks to Dave (Elder-One) for the help molding on both the male and female skins... 5 FULL days of work, 400 lbs. of plaster, 200 lbs of wedclay for support shells and divider walls, all done in 100+ degree temps... and he made 2 weekend trips up from San Diego to lend a hand. It was a massive undertaking and I couldn't have done it without him (and my girlfriend Mary, who helped me finish up the female when Dave had to leave.) Much appreciation!!!

I finally got a few pics of the mold process. Sorry I don't have the final product, but I think you get the idea.

This is the full upper and lower of the Male sculpt. At this point, we have the backside shell in place to give support and protect the sculpting on the other side. When we got it laid down there was some minor repairs to be made. Scott (Mannowar) does this **** in a flash.

IMG_4551.jpg

Dams for the plaster and keys in place - ready to plaster the front half of the upper body. Unfortunatley, my camera battery went dead at this point and I didn't get anymore of this weekend.

IMG_4552.jpg

The first weekend we finished the upper male mold. Scott will have to share some pictures of the completed mold. When I got back up there after Dragon Con, we worked on the upper torso for the female and finished the leg mold which, will/can be used by male or female.

Ok easy boyz...... I know - I know - - if only.....

This is the upper torso for the femal and lower for both sexes. Note the awesome armor sculpted into the female. Great work Scott.

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

Front SIde Female upper molded
IMG_4567.jpg

Front side Leg Mold
IMG_4570.jpg

Yea - - it's about 3:30 am at this point. It was time for a few hours of sleep and back at it the next morning.

Next day - we flipped the mold, made a few very minor repairs and started building keys and dams to pour the backside upper and lower. Again - not the gap in the middle of the back for the female. I don't think we expect any 56 wide females looking for skins, so Scott made the mold to allow for a narrower build.

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

At this point I had to head back to San Diego so Scott would have to fill in the rest. Bottomline, he and Mary finished plastering the backside.... seperated the two pieces.... cleaned the clay from the molds.... and a masterpiece was created.

Scott threw up a big thanks for me lending a hand, but I gotta tell you, I am MOST appreciative for the experience of watching, assisting, and learning from someone so patient and meticulous with everything he does. He is a true craftsman in every sense. Sculpting, molding, and painitng. THis was a HUGE project, turned around is an incredibly short time. My hat is definately off to YOU Scott. I can't wait to see the final product.

Dave
(Elder-One)

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back