Team Fortress 2 Stock Grenade Launcher plus introduction

WeasleFire

It's been a while since I made a post on these forums (mainly because of my last post being dead after 3 comments).

I feel as if I should make a much better introduction to my works, I mostly work with cardboard, it's a easy to find material which I highly adore since of it's many uses.

I've been making actual props for 2 years, or so, my first start into 3D started out with just cardboard boxes, scissors and tape. I made cars out of cardboard when I was very young, and my only good one was in a display cabinet at my secondary school, many years later I start to make things in the other secondary school I got transferred to and discovered the magic of hot glue guns.

After I left secondary school I attended (and still do to this day) my local college taking a course in Art and Design level 1, during my time on that course I was introduced to comicon, I loved the idea, making and showing off your creations to others who are within the same fandom. I made my first 'prop' being the NV helmet from Metro 2033 and a bunch of other stuff from said game; ******* Gun too. I did my cosplay over that weekend and had immense fun, after that, I knew what my calling and new hobby will be; Prop making.

TL;DR I made stuff when I was young, and I've improved over the years.

So, that's where I am right now. 12 props later and my work seems to improving a lot.
I have a whole DA folder dedicated to my props: http://weaslefire.deviantart.com/gallery/45157681/Cardboard-works

Well, not to bore you some more, I'll be displaying what I've been working on so far, Demoman's Stock Grenade Launcher from Team Fortress 2.

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g1bbm.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g1bjl.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g1bsf.jpg

Thank you all for your time in viewing this, I hope to become a valuable member of the RPF.

Cheerio.

~WeasleFire (Props)

That grenade launcher looks fantastic! I thought it was 3D-printed before I checked your dA. Absolutely wonderful.
I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

_A

Thanks! I was able to get outside and paint the gun itself, but of course our British weather likes to be a dick I had less time to spray.

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g6bwi.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g6c57.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8g6cge.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I have not really wanted to post some of my work (and I still haven't) because I worry it will not be well received or received at all. That being said, I still want to encourage others that are clearly braver that I.

I am also quite impressed with your efforts, as I have always found cardboard and paper (pep included) items so difficult to work with. It requires so much patience and a different kind of thinking (I am not sure that I can think in layers all that well).

It looks great! However, I do have one minor point…

How can you have a launcher and no grenades??? :devil

I'll be honest, I have not really wanted to post some of my work (and I still haven't) because I worry it will not be well received or received at all. That being said, I still want to encourage others that are clearly braver that I.

I am also quite impressed with your efforts, as I have always found cardboard and paper (pep included) items so difficult to work with. It requires so much patience and a different kind of thinking (I am not sure that I can think in layers all that well).

It looks great! However, I do have one minor point…

How can you have a launcher and no grenades??? :devil

Layering cardboard can be rather tiresome, I like to imagine it's just like layering MDF, and then sanding down the imperfections.

A serious answer to your question, the in game model does have grenades in it, but the veiw model doesn't, and since most people will just play normally they won't see any grenades, unless you use the console command cl_first_person_uses_world_model 1 and look down (I used gmod props for reference and there might be some inaccuracies since tf2 updates more frequently)

Annnnd, DONE.

The Demoman's stock grenade launcher is finally finished.
Started her on January 4th and finished February 7th, I'm not good with math so you'll have to work that one out for me.
Thanks for sticking with this thread!
I'll be starting on my next project a week or two from now, Arcade Miss Fortune's Blasters.

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2c5p.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2byf.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2bqu.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back