TE or AP armor?

I heard it was a GF suit.

I got mine about a week ago. All packed up still, will start it one day. Looks great, and comes with everything you need to put it all together.

Very pleasant experience with AP, no problems at all.

Originally posted by CWR@Jan 19 2006, 03:07 AM

TE gloss suits were going for over 2000
TE matte kit was around 850

-CWR
[snapback]1162700[/snapback]​

Not sure where you got your prices.

I was qouted $1100 for a gloss suit by TE when my styrene kit was ordered..
TE's matte styrene kit was $550 shipped....

That is what I paid for my styrene kit last year.

Lynn

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369+Jan 19 2006, 03:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Jan 19 2006, 03:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CWR
@Jan 19 2006, 03:07 AM

TE gloss suits were going for over 2000
TE matte kit was around 850

-CWR
[snapback]1162700[/snapback]​

Not sure where you got your prices.

I was qouted $1100 for a gloss suit by TE when my styrene kit was ordered..
TE's matte styrene kit was $550 shipped....

That is what I paid for my styrene kit last year.

Lynn
[snapback]1163245[/snapback]​
[/b]
I get my information directly from Matt. If you paid 550, you got a good deal. I would have bought two if I knew Matt was selling them so cheap. They were 850 as long as I can remember (that's the price I was given). I also know that he was selling gloss for 1500 and up to 2500 depending on how urgent you wanted it. I am 100 % sure of this so if you got a better deal than that you should feel fortunate. It does not matter how much they were though. They are non longer available. I did find out that the AP armor is not 950, it is 799 plus shipping.

I already own a TE suit but I'm debating selling it and getting something better for trooping.
What would you do?

Originally posted by Nobody@Jan 19 2006, 08:31 PM
I already own a TE suit but I'm debating selling it and getting something better for trooping.
What would you do?
[snapback]1163444[/snapback]​
Keep the TE armor on a mannequin and buy the AP for trooping. TE armor is still more accurate.

Originally posted by CWR@Jan 19 2006, 10:29 PM

I get my information directly from Matt.  If you paid 550, you got a good deal.  I would have bought two if I knew Matt was selling them so cheap.  They were 850 as long as I can remember (that's the price I was given).  I also know that he was selling gloss for 1500 and up to 2500 depending on how urgent you wanted it.
[snapback]1163389[/snapback]​

Interesting,
I ordered mine mid/late summer '04 and got it in late winter '05.
I knew of atleast three others that paid the same as I did in that same time frame.

I finally ended up selling mine to get a MR AT-AT V1 as I wanted my collection to go into a different direction.

Lynn

I think the less you want to do something, the more you want to charge. I got a quote from TE late in the game. He said 3K. :eek

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369+Jan 20 2006, 04:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Jan 20 2006, 04:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CWR
@Jan 19 2006, 10:29 PM

I get my information directly from Matt.  If you paid 550, you got a good deal.  I would have bought two if I knew Matt was selling them so cheap.  They were 850 as long as I can remember (that's the price I was given).  I also know that he was selling gloss for 1500 and up to 2500 depending on how urgent you wanted it.
[snapback]1163389[/snapback]​

Interesting,
I ordered mine mid/late summer '04 and got it in late winter '05.
I knew of atleast three others that paid the same as I did in that same time frame.

I finally ended up selling mine to get a MR AT-AT V1 as I wanted my collection to go into a different direction.

Lynn
[snapback]1163588[/snapback]​
[/b]
Lynn,

They might have been cheaper at that time. I got my quotes in the fall of 04 and summer of 05.

Originally posted by clutch@Jan 20 2006, 10:13 AM
I think the less you want to do something, the more you want to charge.  I got a quote from TE late in the game.  He said 3K.  :eek
[snapback]1163681[/snapback]​

Yikes.......well, now I'm even more satisfied with my AP kit.....slightly more detail is not worth over double the $ to me.....

From what I understand AP is using GF's moulds (I don't know this for sure but it looks like it). They seem to have made some minor changes to the ab/cod piece to extend the vertical line above the ab detail but other than that the pieces look the same. I was told the new suits are a bit sharper due to using a better industrial Vacuum forming machine. I don't think you could go wrong with either an AP or TE suit.

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster+Jan 20 2006, 01:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DL 44 Blaster @ Jan 20 2006, 01:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Jan 18 2006, 11:06 PM
AP is recast TE... the choice is obvious
[snapback]1162580[/snapback]​

Ummm,nope...GF :D and not recast....
[snapback]1163913[/snapback]​
[/b]

That's good to know.

Can i just chime in (sort of off topic), how easy is it to repair suits as in craks holes yellowing etc, is it just a case of epoxying, sanding and painting, how does paint stand up to flexing?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back