TDK Suit Part List Feedback

fearthebat

Hey guys, me and my brother have been obsessed with Batman since we were kids and after seeing a really amazing Batman cosplay online I suddenly decided I want to build a batsuit. I eventually found my way to this forum and just became a member seconds ago. I'm trying to build a TDK/TDKR suit. So far this is what I have come up with. If anyone has any feedback or comments on my choices please let me know.

I originally wanted to build my suit by gluing latex armor pieces onto a mesh undersuit as several members on this forum have done before me. I planned to get them from GCFX until I discovered that they were recasting the ones from Hell's Kitchen and that their molds are terrible. I contacted Kris at Hell's Kitchen and he told me he is no longer taking on any more full armor sets so that option is now gone (although he did offer to do the belt and gauntlets). After doing some more reading it sounds like the only reliable option is David at UD Replicas. I plan on using his jacket, pants, and boots. Although I just mentioned that Kris is no longer doing full armor sets he said he can do the belt and gauntlets.

Armor: UD Replicas
Boots: UD Replicas
Cowl: coofunkcurly's TDKR cowl or RevDesign TDK cowl
Gauntlets: Hell's Kitchen
Belt: Hell's Kitchen
Gloves: Motorcycle/Tactical Gloves with Carbon Fiber Knuckles
Cape: No idea. I've heard good things about Fan Universe Creations but they have no website. I also heard coofunkcurly did some cape runs but it looks like they are over. Suggestions?

Can anyone offer advice on better alternatives or comments? Thanks so much.

Attachments

• revdesign.jpg
    revdesign.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 796
  • coofunkcurly.jpg
    coofunkcurly.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 389
  • HellsKitchenBelt.jpg
    HellsKitchenBelt.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 283
  • HellsKitchenGauntlet.jpg
    HellsKitchenGauntlet.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 314
Just my 2 cents worth -

Declaration of interest here, I am no way associated with any of businesses discussed below but I own a UD Replica Batman Begins suit, gloves and boots. As well as a UD Replicas TDK boots and gloves. ( I am waiting on another party to complete my TDK suit however that's a story for another day!)

Plus I have the complete Coofunkcurly Begins armour, cowl, cape, gauntlets, gloves and belt. The GaunletFX FB page has a picture of my completed suit - it's the one on a mannequin up against a white wall ! (Kevin's also using it for his FB profile pic !)

My advice would be get the cape, cowl (including neck piece) and belt from Coofunkcurly.

Definitely boots and gloves from UD Replicas. If you buy anything (including the suit) from UD Replicas make sure you speak to David before hand. He will take you through the sizing process - it can sometimes be difficult to get through on the phone but be persistent. Remember David's suits are motorcycle suits so there are some trade offs. (Looks cool on my motorbike however !)

If you are still keen on either purchasing a complete suit (close to movie accurate) or buying the pieces to make your own suit contact Kris(not the one from Hell's Kitchen ) at the CustomCrafting FB page or by email custom_crafting@yahoo.co.uk. From talking to Kris he now has a set of masters from Hell's Kitchen (ironic huh !) and is gearing up his production process to make either full suits or kit pieces as required

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my 2 cents worth -

Declaration of interest here, I am no way associated with any of businesses discussed below but I own a UD Replica Batman Begins suit, gloves and boots. As well as a UD Replicas TDK boots and gloves. ( I am waiting on another party to complete my TDK suit however that's a story for another day!)

Plus I have the complete Coofunkcurly Begins armour, cowl, cape, gauntlets, gloves and belt. The GaunletFX FB page has a picture of my completed suit - it's the one on a mannequin up against a white wall ! (Kevin's also using it for his FB profile pic !)

My advice would be get the cape, cowl (including neck piece) and belt from Coofunkcurly.

Definitely boots and gloves from UD Replicas. If you buy anything (including the suit) from UD Replicas make sure you speak to David before hand. He will take you through the sizing process - it can sometimes be difficult to get through on the phone but be persistent. Remember David's suits are motorcycle suits so there are some trade offs. (Looks cool on my motorbike however !)

If you are still keen on either purchasing a complete suit (close to movie accurate) or buying the pieces to make your own suit contact Kris(not the one from Hell's Kitchen ) at the CustomCrafting FB page or by email custom_crafting@yahoo.co.uk. From talking to Kris he now has a set of masters from Hell's Kitchen (ironic huh !) and is gearing up his production process to make either full suits or kit pieces as required

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Do you have any experience with Custom Crafting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris (GasmanR) pretty much nailed it! I would definitely recommend to do the things that he suggested.

Maybe you can contact coofunkcurly to see if he will do another tdk stunt cape run. They are great!

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. Welcome to the rpf!

I have to admit I'm really surprised its so hard to come across TDK suit parts. I keep hearing about all these suppliers and then I try to find them and they don't respond to email or they no longer make the parts or they are recasters or they don't deliver for up to 1.5 years or they're $10 thousand dollars. I keep hearing this guy bought the masters from this guy and on and on and on. I know some people have documented their builds pretty well but I wish there was just one clear and concise fully open sourced suit. I mean at the end of the day the suit is almost completely latex and fabric. I think the only way to go at this point is going to be to build my own suit from scratch which really disappoints me because as a student I don't have that much time to dedicate to designing and building all the parts. Sorry for the rant just feeling really frustrated.

Do you have any experience with Custom Crafting?
No business dealings with him. I just had a FB messenger chat one evening when I was enquiring about his TDK suit. He was very enthusiastic but the price was I little out of my league.

Chris

I have to admit I'm really surprised its so hard to come across TDK suit parts. I keep hearing about all these suppliers and then I try to find them and they don't respond to email or they no longer make the parts or they are recasters or they don't deliver for up to 1.5 years or they're $10 thousand dollars. I keep hearing this guy bought the masters from this guy and on and on and on. I know some people have documented their builds pretty well but I wish there was just one clear and concise fully open sourced suit. I mean at the end of the day the suit is almost completely latex and fabric. I think the only way to go at this point is going to be to build my own suit from scratch which really disappoints me because as a student I don't have that much time to dedicate to designing and building all the parts. Sorry for the rant just feeling really frustrated.

Dude I feel your pain in more ways than one but the TDK suit is actually quite a complex build. The mere act of casting a urethane piece again and again destroys the mould by simple chemistry, so over time, the moulds have to be renewed . Urethane, mould material, not to mention labour ain't cheap. These suits aren't a commodity item - get yourself a Rubies number if you want that sort of thing. So it's simple economics - selling to a small niche market usually means you pay a premium price. It sucks but consider it capitalism / the free market in action.

Chris

Chris (GasmanR) pretty much nailed it! I would definitely recommend to do the things that he suggested.

Maybe you can contact coofunkcurly to see if he will do another tdk stunt cape run. They are great!

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. Welcome to the rpf!

Thanks but probably unlikely to see another run of stunt length. Interest just isn't there anymore to meet the required minimums.

Another vote from me for coofunkcurly's cowl, cape, and resin/urethane hybrid belt, his work is top notch. Gloves and boots from UDR, as close to screen accurate as you can find from a retailer.

Can't comment on the suit as I have a UDR suit. I'm very happy with mine but if you want something very close to screen accurate then you may not be happy with a leather replica suit, but it is the much easier and ready-to-wear option. You'd also be surprised how good the UDR suit looks once you put everything together.

I reached out to Custom Crafting UK and was contacted less than 24 hours later and as if reading my mind Kris answered every single question I had about what he was doing, pricing, etc. He is very pleasant to deal with. I think I will be purchasing from him. Thank you so much GasmanR for referring me.

I reached out to Custom Crafting UK and was contacted less than 24 hours later and as if reading my mind Kris answered every single question I had about what he was doing, pricing, etc. He is very pleasant to deal with. I think I will be purchasing from him. Thank you so much GasmanR for referring me.

Glad to help. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I would have bought from Kris but I have already spent my money elsewhere and am waiting on that order being fulfilled.

Make sure sure you post some pics when you get all your gear.

Chris

I noticed that fearthebat was last active on this site on July 31. I hope that he comes back to give us some updates. I'm very curious on the status as well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back