TASM2 Suit: 10 day Speed Build [Pic heavy]

takaaaa

Greetings interwebs!

So you may or may not remember my old Iron Man Mark42 7day speed build thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=183263&page=3)
But I'm at it again... Procrastination strikes again and now I have 10 days until my deadline and I'm going to try bang out a TASM2 suit!

This is my very first suit and first time puff painting (which im the most worried about) But I have done a lot of research and as ready as I'll ever be.
This is a speed build so it wont be perfect or anything close. I also have so little time that I will prob only update this when I have time.

Ok so let's start!

First step was contacting Orhadar at Gun Head Design for the file for his "amazing" spider-man 2 print. He got back to me extremely fast and bought this TASM2 file. I quickly sent it over to Fabric on Demand and was quoted 10 days to print and 3-5days to ship. Shockingly after they received the file it only took 10days to arrive on my doorstep.
Then I ordered a set of Frames and lenses from Tjack and got them very fast as well.

Now they are in my possession, I can start. Im starting with the faceshell. Im using Gimpee's pep file and got it printed, cut, and glued in a few hours

I will be fiberglass resin-ing the outside then slush around some liquid plastic on the inside, maybe tomw.

Last edited:
Im waiting for my Tulip Matte Black puff paint to get in, so while I wait I thought that I would make a web back pack to hold my phone and wallet and stuff. So I make a dome out of 1/2" eva foam, sanded the edges and covered it in plastic wrap like what you use for food. Then I made long webs by twisting the same plastic wrap. I like how it looks like strands of webs.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back