TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

I've been following Stronglifts and have been progressing pretty well

In 1 month here are my stats in pounds:

OHP: 30-75
Bench: 70-110
Deadlift-Empty:225
Squat: Empty-145
Barbell Row: empty-120

Havent really lost any weight, I went from 210-205 (i'm 6'3")
This coming month I plan on blasting it, going as hard as I can to lose the excess belly fat I have for my suits

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

U
Today is day one of MAX 30 for me (wish me luck!). I haven't been too active in the last month or so. And before that I was hitting the gym about 3-4 times a week but lifting only, very little cardio. I am especially going to need work on my diet since it sucked most throughout my wife's pregnancy and the first two months of our baby being born. That's a lot of bad eating! Looking to correct that and hope to be able to fit into a Spidey suit again, soon enough :) Let's do this guys!

edit: I'll upload some pics this week for my "before" set to keep myself accountable with you guys ;)
you got this !

For me, planning to cosplay at upcoming conventions has been good motivation for fitness and weight loss. Over many months, I've gone from 234 pounds down to 210.

I've done it by diet and exercise of course. More specifically:

* a high-protein vegetarian diet - Currently, I eat six egg whites in the morning, a half-can of lentil soup for lunch, and six egg whites for dinner. I drink skim milk with each meal. The diet is supplemented with fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Occasionally, if I get hungry, I eat some spinach-and-cheese filled ravioli with marinara sauce. Lately, I've snacked on protein bars. The only supplement I take is a daily multivitamin. Plus, I drink a lot of water.

* weight lifting, calisthenics, and cardiovascular exercise - My weight lifting routine is based on an old article about Dolph Lundgren's training when he played He-Man in the "Masters of the Universe" movie. I do a four-day split routine: day one is chest, shoulders, and triceps; day two is upper legs (quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, abductors, and adductors); day three is back, biceps, and forearms; and day four is calves, abdomen, and neck. For calisthenics, I do push-ups, abdominal crunches, pull-ups, chin ups, dips, squats, and heel-and-toe raises. For cardio, I do interval sessions on low-impact equipment: rowing machine, cross-country ski machine, ergonomic stepper machine, and stationary cycle. Additionally, I like to go bike riding and inline skating.

Indeed, wearing spandex in public is motivational.

Just finished week one of MAX30 and I'm alive! I'm feeling pretty good. It's tough but "easier" to get through than Insanity and asylum. But the thing with this one is you have to push yourself more and more everytime until you "max out". I'm liking it and I'm excited to do it all over again next week :)

Hey guys, its been awhile! Ive been super busy working on my next app. Its called, Athlee (www.athlee.com) and I would love for some of the dedicated spiderman fitness thread peeps to come out and try our next beta starting on Friday! If anyone has interest inbox me and we can chat about it!

Best,
EnderX

I've been following Stronglifts and have been progressing pretty well

In 1 month here are my stats in pounds:

OHP: 30-75
Bench: 70-110
Deadlift-Empty:225
Squat: Empty-145
Barbell Row: empty-120

Havent really lost any weight, I went from 210-205 (i'm 6'3")
This coming month I plan on blasting it, going as hard as I can to lose the excess belly fat I have for my suits

if you want to lose weight fast then youll need to look at diet too. I did Paleo for a few weeks and lost 5% body fat.

Ive fell off the wagon as far as working out goes. My wifes dad has been staying here with her half sister and they are sleeping in my gym so thats not helped at all. They leave tonight though so its back to it.

I was Spider-Man at my twin boys first birthday party on sunday. I was happy with how i looked. However im not the most flexible person in the world and while i could pose etc id really like to learn some simple acrobatic spidey style moves. I'm looking at learning some parkour and adding some yoga to my workouts.

10641269_10153206011780049_3932996756721414518_n_zpscqcylioc.jpg 11113929_10153206011710049_7263855777192706676_n_zpsmtz2x2xe.jpg 11150791_10153206011885049_1802127533211558211_n_zpsm3w5xrug.jpg 11193363_10153206011820049_3761982766392958412_n_zpsmp4r4kuv.jpg 11224064_10153206011935049_7625291738708502532_n_zpsymsogrd5.jpg

Kids parties is something im looking into as i could do with the extra cash and it was really rewarding. The costume isnt great, its just a cheap tasm2 morphsuit that ive puffy painted. I dont know if its somebody from heres design thats being used without their knowledge as id not heard of this place when i bought it. i apologize if it is. i need to sort the eyes out though and get a faceshell if im going to do it more often as my nose was in pieces after an hour.

Hey guys, its been awhile! Ive been super busy working on my next app. Its called, Athlee (www.athlee.com) and I would love for some of the dedicated spiderman fitness thread peeps to come out and try our next beta starting on Friday! If anyone has interest inbox me and we can chat about it!

Best,
EnderX
Is it only going to be on iOS?

I'm stoked that this thread is still active!

I love to use a costume goal also as a workout goal, and I'm currently building an TASM2 suit and really want to step up my physique to pull it off. I have a couple buddies in the Ghostbusters community that also enjoy lifting and working out, and having that community and support is really helpful to stay inspired and motivated.

SO! That inspired me to start this video diary of my workouts:

I'll be doing more installments of these as I do different muscle groups or types of workouts, etc.

And my current build thread for anyone that's interested:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231477

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone know the approximate height/weight of Peter Parker from the Amazing Spider-Man films? I want to put together a TASM suit but I need a guide on how much muscle I need to gain to look good in the suit.

Andrew Garfield is probably between 5 1/2 ft and 6ft and about 160lbs.

Most of the "muscle" is probably shading on the suit

Andrew Garfield is probably between 5 1/2 ft and 6ft and about 160lbs.

Most of the "muscle" is probably shading on the suit

Thanks. That means I'm more or less around the same height as Andrew Garfield. It's just the weight I need to build up a little.

I'm stoked that this thread is still active!

I love to use a costume goal also as a workout goal, and I'm currently building an TASM2 suit and really want to step up my physique to pull it off. I have a couple buddies in the Ghostbusters community that also enjoy lifting and working out, and having that community and support is really helpful to stay inspired and motivated.

SO! That inspired me to start this video diary of my workouts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0j2Q8eO-0

I'll be doing more installments of these as I do different muscle groups or types of workouts, etc.

And my current build thread for anyone that's interested:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231477

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Digging the workout, but i'd slowdown when you squat and deadlift. you want to engage the muscles and going too fast wont give you that needed "pump" / blood flow.
Slowing it down will maximize muscle growth and will also generate more power with control. Make sure when you're squatting, your hip flexors are lower than your knee. Other then that, awesome vid

Regarding supplements, that's your call. I just started a new thermogenic and it helps me shred a little faster. It's called SST, and if you're sensitive to caffeine, i'd do some research regarding non-stimulated thermogenics. SST are coming out with a non-stim in July or mid-july. :3

My rule with any product is RESEARCH! do a through research before just diving in.
Eat clean, drink lots of water, and lower your sugar intake

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm already at my ideal weight, and just want a bit more muscle definition. I'm only 15, and want some tips. I can't get to a gym, and the most equipment I have is weights. I have 2 months before my next con. Thanks for any help

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm already at my ideal weight, and just want a bit more muscle definition. I'm only 15, and want some tips. I can't get to a gym, and the most equipment I have is weights. I have 2 months before my next con. Thanks for any help

Use your body weight (push ups, sit ups, chin ups, pull ups, squats, dips, tricep dips, parallel dips), run/jog and do HIIT training.Go to the nearest kid park (when no kids are around) and do a "ghetto" workout using the playground. It's actually a thing and look it up on youtube for some ideas. If you're dedicated, 2 months should give you a good shred + your diet (eating mcdonalds will destroy you lol). I have a few body building physique competitor friends and during their shred season (normally 3-4 weeks before the competition to really show off all their muscles) they only drink water (a gallon a day) and eat chicken (just boiled and that's freaking it..very plain) and various veggies (again just boiled and no salts/seasonings) all day/night. Mind you, it is very VERY boring and you will get hangry (combination of hunger and anger as no seasonings lol). You can tweak it as you will need the energy for the con and you're not really a body builder training for a show :p Throw in a few red meats here and there, and just be dedicated. Just be careful, you dont want to shock your body with an immediate transition as it will get you deathly ill.

Cheers

TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435851831.947184.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435852325.624419.jpg

Slowly my spidey shape is coming ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just completed my suit and realized the Lycra shows off all of your imperfections.
IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back