Tan's Hardware Graflexes

6400154788762275.jpeg

I was throwing out some label printer cartridges at work today and thought, "That looks like a 'red button' to me!".

Last edited:
I picked up some leather at Michael's, even though the quantity was a bit more than I really wanted. I guess I can screw up a few times, and that's a definite possibility.

There's sometimes a knurled ring around the top of those things, my guess is it's a part for a glass eye.
You are correct sir! I figured if anyone wanted to go that route, they're currently available at Walmart. You can see what they look like in post #44 above.

I finished the TROS Graflex, but apparently the site has updated again and I can't post pics from my old iPhone. Instead of allowing me to upload directly when I click on "attach files" it goes to an upload page, and it appears I've uploaded the pic, but I can't figure out how to post it in the thread.

image.jpeg

Before you say it, yes there are some inaccuracies. The space under the activation box is too narrow, the circuit board is wrong, the grips aren't quite right, and there isn't any weld marks from the repairs. But I did include the button head screw someone observed on the beer tab of one of the versions (a stunt?). Overall, it's good enough for me.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

The beginnings of an ESB and a TFA/TLJ Graflex. The one in the rear has the original brown paint of the patio umbrella tube these sabers are being fabricated from. It will be sanded off.

Last edited:
This past weekend I was going to finally set up the drill press I bought over a year ago specifically to make the holes in Graflex tubes, but... Procrastination.

On a semi-related note: The "plaques" I've been putting on my saber stands(check the TROS Graflex above). I found a collection of images that I printed out, glued to a thin piece of sheet styrene, covered it in clear packing tape, and mounted on the stand with double sided tape. It recently occurred to me... What if I printed it on gold cardstock instead of printer paper? I think I'll try it out and post pictures if it works the way I'm hoping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back