Limited Run TAKING PAYMENTS Machined X men origins claws! RUN IS A GO!!!!!

Apparently, yes it will. This is a very bad idea if you don't actually have a business that you file taxes on. PayPal can (not sure if always will though) file tax paperwork for all transactions made through a business account, not matter how much money you received/spend over the year. A business account is for people with a business. If you just sell casually on eBay or something, you don't want to create a business account.

It's apparently a problem to just send money (more than $15) to overseas accounts now (this the US gov't doing this, BTW, not PayPal), and if you have a lot of PP transactions on a non-business account, they are blocking these payments. (I guess this really sucks for people that have friends overseas that they genuinely just want to give money to...)

The proper way for this to be done is for Russ to send PayPal invoices to everyone and we pay those. As long as there's a record of the fact that this is a purchase of merchandise, it shouldn't be blocked.

Thanks for that answer. That's what I was afraid of. I was wondering why initial deposit went through OK many months ago.

Russ can you send me an invoice for $72 that is what I still owe as my despot was $75.

Thanks

But could this adversely effect me tax time if my Paypal is now a business account?

Yes, but, the business account has no tax ID number..... (I do have a business tax ID number, and it is not in anyway linked to this paypal account) So how can this account affect you for taxes? And when you fund it with personal funds just to make purchases the only thing you could do if it was a legitimate business account is use the recorded for write offs. It should only affect you if you are making money. So Russ is on that end of it. Otherwise I know that I will not worry about my paypal account being a business account at all. In fact I have business checking account and it has no tax implications, it's just an account. it's up to you to file at the end of the your your income. And to reiterate, We are spending money here, not making it.

Furthermore, the pay pal account is not collecting interest. so at the end of the year do you do anything with your checking accounts? No. Did you every have to do anything with your paypal account before? No. nothing has changed but a title given to your account by paypal.

For 2 years I was a banker, I opened accounts and did loans for personal and business.

Also, just for clarification I can ask my father who is a tax accountant.

Yes, but, the business account has no tax ID number..... (I do have a business tax ID number, and it is not in anyway linked to this paypal account) So how can this account affect you for taxes? And when you fund it with personal funds just to make purchases the only thing you could do if it was a legitimate business account is use the recorded for write offs. It should only affect you if you are making money. So Russ is on that end of it. Otherwise I know that I will not worry about my paypal account being a business account at all. In fact I have business checking account and it has no tax implications, it's just an account. it's up to you to file at the end of the your your income. And to reiterate, We are spending money here, not making it.

Yes, we might be talking about paying money in this instance, but many people use their PayPal accounts to _receive_ money as well. If the account is a business account, PayPal treats it as a _business_, even if you are just selling things out of your closet once in a while to make a little extra cash.

I couldn't get a straight answer out of PayPal (in fact, I got 4 different answers on how changing to a business account could affect you). Anything from 'We will report all incoming money to the IRS for tax purposes' to the old 'You have to make more than $20,000 + 200 transactions' before we report (and I was told I would have to put in a Tax ID number or there would be limitations of some kind even on the business account, but probably limitation that affect me _receiving_ money, not sending it). Since no one knows for sure, I'm not taking the chance.

And as I mentioned before, I don't have an online 'business', so I don't want a 'business account'. The proper way for this to be handled is the business individual (in this case, Russ) to send invoices to his customers. That's the legitimate way to conduct the transactions, we shouldn't have to modify our accounts just to send money. And if it's something the IRS/Gov't is watching already, it should probably be handled the correct way.

But could this adversely effect me tax time if my Paypal is now a business account?

(PayPal FAQ's)
Only sellers who exceed the IRS thresholds will receive Form 1099-K. Sellers exceed the IRS thresholds when they receive over 200 separate payments for goods or services in the same calendar year.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/business/tax/irs-notification

The proper way for this to be done is for Russ to send PayPal invoices to everyone and we pay those.

Affirmative bub! *SNIKT*

Last edited:
(PayPal FAQ's)
Only sellers who exceed the IRS thresholds will receive Form 1099-K. Sellers exceed the IRS thresholds when they receive over 200 separate payments for goods or services in the same calendar year.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/business/tax/irs-notification

The problem is that FAQ was written before the laws went into place that are restricting international payments (it was written in 2011 for the 2012 tax year, and even it states these rules my change based on what the IRS tells them to do). On the phone I had two _different_ employees state that they would file tax information on Business accounts regardless of how much money or how many transactions were processed. (And I then had another confirm that it still has the 200 transaction limit.) I honestly don't think they know exactly what's going to be required of them with regards to international payments, especially ones not tied to an obvious transaction (i.e., from an invoice of some kind).

They also stated that business accounts were for people that _conduct a business_ that accepts or sends money (providing many features businesses use for that purpose). That's not what I use PayPal for. The reason this technique works is because by having a business acct, it's assumed you are conducting a business transaction _yourself_ when you send money overseas. However, that is not the case here, you are simply making a purchase, Russ is the one conducting a business. Thus the transaction needs to _start_ on his end.

I can't show any evidence of having any kind of business (either incorporated, or private), so I honestly have no idea what would happen if I started using a business oriented account through PayPal. Maybe nothing, maybe guaranteed IRS audits every year, I have no idea. And I couldn't get a single straight answer out of PayPal after nearly 2 hours on the phone with them. This is a gov't mandate, if the gov't suddenly says that they want 1099s filed for every business account sending money overseas that's not tied to transactions, PayPal will have to do it.

Personally, I'd rather not raise the red flag at all.
That's my choice. _I_ couldn't confirm anything through PayPal, so _I_ don't have any idea what they will do. If 2014 comes and goes and no one doing this seems affected, I may change my opinion. But I'm going to let someone else be the guinea pig on this one... Nothing I purchase from the RPF is ever anything I _need_, so I'm not risking my financial situation over it.

Received my claws today.

They are lovely.

My only issue is that the connection rods are quite off.
They show a lot with a clenched fist. Can't see a way of rectifying that.
Also can't splay them properly.

Please post if you have any ideas.

The problem is.....

Russ is the one conducting a business. Thus the transaction needs to _start_ on his end.....

Personally, I'd rather not raise the red flag at all.

Affirmative bub! *SNIKT* When I had a problem sendin' money direct the first time from PayPal to Russ. I sent a message to Russ to make sure I wasn't tryin' to sent payment to the wrong email... I also asked in the message for help to Russ by requestin' an invoice to complete the transaction be sent to my PayPal email. I was told by Russ to send money to russt33@msn.com? No Invoice... I own a business and upgraded my PayPal account legitimatly from Premier to Business with my current information. I upgraded only to pay Russ and only by the suggestion of other RPF members. I definitely wouldn't use false information just to send money to Russ. I upgraded my PayPal account to business only because I couldn't get Russ to send me a direct invoice and was told to send money to Russ direct without any other help from Russ.

I DID finally manage to get money sent to Russ obviously, but NOT by invoice bub. *SNIKT*
:) I have your payment :)
Thanks
Russ
Please advise when you'll be shippin' 'em out bub? Sellin' any extra unbent wires?

Last edited:
Affirmative bub! *SNIKT* When I had a problem sendin' money direct the first time from PayPal to Russ. I sent a message to Russ to make sure I wasn't tryin' to sent payment to the wrong email... I also asked in the message for help to Russ by requestin' an invoice to complete the transaction. I was told by Russ to send money to russt33@msn.com? No Invoice...

I wonder if it being a new (or different) account has anything to with it... When I sent my deposit for these, it was to a different Email address in PayPal...

If what PayPal says is true, I could also 9 payments of $14.11. :) Unless it's a cumulative limit...

Put 'em on bub, let's get another look at 'em!!! *SNIKT*

Sorted out the splaying!

Splay - Distance To Gauge Apart Wolverine's Claws - Original X-Men Trilogy

*SNIKT*

Wolverine's Claws Specifications:

"There’s the splay. They should be four and a quarter inches...
SplayFourAndAQuarterInches.jpg(Reference Use Only: NOT JIMMY CLAWS)
"Four and a quarter inches apart became the magic distance. "

"Four and a quarter inches apart. I made a special gauge which I’d keep in my pocket. I’d just go up and hold it next to the blades before each take to make sure they had not bent out of place, that for every take they were always four and a quarter inches apart. It always got a laugh from the crew that I had to come out with my little gauge and check it before they rolled camera. "

-Jimmy Claws
SplayTwoOneEighthInches.jpg(Reference Use Only: NOT JIMMY CLAWS)
Making Wolverine’s Claws: Kris Abel - Hugh Jackman Russian fan site (Archived)

Last edited:
I'm hoping I can find a machine shop locally who will be able to fix that for me. It sucks I have to do it at all, but since no one else is producing metal Wolverine claws... :(

I don't think moving the rod to the rear would work. It needs to be on the corner ideally. Or at least closer to the corner - if that makes sense.

View attachment 264646
Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc - XO Claws(Case) aside Museum Replicas Claw & Action-Actors Handle(NO Blades)
View attachment 264638View attachment 264629View attachment 264630View attachment 264631View attachment 264633View attachment 264635View attachment 264636View attachment 264637FXSMITH - JIMMY CLAWS (Home)
Note: Not Part Of TheWolverine's Collection

Looking at these reference photos it seems possible ... When I get mine in the shop I'll have a better idea on how resolve the rod issue.

Just before the rod goes in the blade it has to be bend at least 45 degree angle towards the hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from the rods how are the blades themselves?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back