Limited Run TAKING PAYMENTS Machined X men origins claws! RUN IS A GO!!!!!

Re: Russrep Machined X men origins claws! RUN IS A GO!!!!!

"Plan B" is underway. Thanks for the advice Bowel, although "Plan A" will kick *****! The kids will be able to use the "Plan B" when they are a little older as well.

Any updates???

Anyone?

Russ?

Rusty, let's see some finished claws, man. Pleeeeeeease! :D

Spoke to Russ, He is machining up the fixtures to hold the blanks in place for beveling ;)

Can we all get some sort of timeline? I think it's probably understood that these won't be ready by Halloween, but can we shoot for Christmas, at least?

Can we all get some sort of timeline? I think it's probably understood that these won't be ready by Halloween, but can we shoot for Christmas, at least?

Seriously? This project has been in the works for over a year now and everyone's okay with them not being done by Halloween? :confused

Maybe we should split people up into groups to make it easier on Russ. Those who want to be Wolverine this year, get there's first. Those who want to be Santa Wolverine, get there's last. :rolleyes

Seriously? This project has been in the works for over a year now and everyone's okay with them not being done by Halloween? :confused

Maybe we should split people up into groups to make it easier on Russ. Those who want to be Wolverine this year, get there's first. Those who want to be Santa Wolverine, get there's last. :rolleyes

What are you quoting me for? Don't shoot me, I'm just asking questions. Of course people want this for Halloween, including me, but if you think I'm the one to roll eyes at, you need to look somewhere else.

Yeah its been in the works for a year, And not one payment was taken until Russ was able to start them. Which was last month. It is doubtful these will be ready before Halloween. Making your own deadline is silly, Russ never gave a Halloween ETA.... I suggest if you are banking on it, you should ask for a refund.

Yeah its been in the works for a year, And not one payment was taken until Russ was able to start them. Which was last month. It is doubtful these will be ready before Halloween. Making your own deadline is silly, Russ never gave a Halloween ETA.... I suggest if you are banking on it, you should ask for a refund.

.......... :( Well I defiantly don't want a refund. I really want the claws bad! All the excitement, and 6 months of planing I had for this year Halloween is gone though. :cry I'll have everything possible for an authentic Origins Wolverine, but the claws. I just figured that the thread was so old that they would be available before Halloween is all. Oh well... I'm a little depressed but I will live.

2 months and he wont have one set done?
I don't mind waiting but why do i keep seeing other members coming on here with warnings about Russ has he ripped people off on here before? I

I'm being patient. I think it might help if Russ would post some progress pics. I care less when I get mine, just that I get mine.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm actually trying to settle it down a bit.

Bro, If Russ ripped people off on here he would not be a member, BOTTOM LINE. If you want to fall into peoples games of miss information and deceit be my guest. You will miss out and that's all there is too it.

How do you know he wont have set done by then ?

Russ will have pics posted when there is something to show. I check for updates every few days, when i know something you guys know it too. You don't think that i have anything to loose in this? I am trusting Russ as well. In the end all of you make this run or break it, Russ has already cut out all the claws and is working out the holding Jig for beveling them. Moreover Russ is a trusted member of the RPF. That is all i have to say, if you want a refund contact Russ at the email i provided for deposit payment. That is all.

Last edited:

I understand what your saying but its like your being heckled and letting it go. Have you contacted the mods? I would be furious if I had a run going an this was being permitted to go on.

Kids will be kids it makes no difference to me what they say, Russ's reputation on this board should speak for itself.

I understand what your saying but its like your being heckled and letting it go. Have you contacted the mods? I would be furious if I had a run going an this was being permitted to go on.

Runs take time, period... Most of the people that whine and complain that they can't get the item the day after they pay for it have probably never actually built anything in their lives. I've bought things from Russ before, never had a problem. Sometimes it can take a while, but he has always come through. And he doesn't post daily updates either. If you can't trust that he's working on them and be patient, then you might be better off buying things from someone else... If there's something cool to show off, he'll post about it.

There's probably not a build thread on this board where someone isn't complaining about a delay in delivery or whining that the builder isn't cluttering the thread with new photos every day. And the guy that keeps trolling this thread is just upset he's not allowed to be part of it, nothing more.

There's members on this board that build incredible replicas, but they will only deal with people if you agree to pay 100% up front, and then shut the hell up until it's done (with no exact timeline given). They are trusted 100%, and always come through. I actually enjoy buying from them sometimes as you pay for something, and then completely forget about it... 6-8 months later (sometimes more than a year depending on what it is) you get a surprise in the mail. :) There are others that will pre-build everything, and then they can sell/ship immediately. And everywhere in between. Decide what you can live with BEFORE you get involved.

These claws will get made (hell, they are already half-way there it looks like), they will be awesome, and anyone that chose not to participate because they couldn't have them by an exact date might just be disappointed that they opted out... :cool :cool

And I'd be completely okay with it if it took another year to complete them. If I've lived this long without them, I'm pretty sure I'd survive another 12 months if I had to...

I just thought this guy had got taken or there was more to the story that i was not aware of . Thanks its good to hear you have dealt with him before thats all I needed
to know :)

Hi guys I really dont know where this (SCAM) is coming from but I really think the mods should know,

News on the claws is I had to just pack/ship loads of hubs for the r2 guys, and pack/ship the sound sonic run I did not want to ploug right in to this run untill I had all those waiting,As its unfair on them for me to start a big project and leaving them waiting.

At the moment as you all know all claws are cut. We are now just working out the best way to hold them to machine the angles :) As soon as I have some pics I will post up but I hope machining will start in 1-2 weeks.
If theres any one else wanting to jump on you have say 2 weeks to let me know or send a $20 deposit for a set :)

Thanks
Russ

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back