Sylvie (Loki series) costume piece ID’s

Over on the Loki Costuming Facebook page, someone that said they had been on set said her shirt was made of non stretch suede and that the stunt double had a stretch suede one. I don't think I have enough faith in my sewing skills to go for non stretch lol
If it's the Loki's Army one, I think I saw that post, too. Ugh, I'm on the fence, maybe it was the princess seams/where her hidden breastfeeding zips were that allowed her to still be able to move in that thing? Might be easier to go with a stretch suede, yeah, and it would still LOOK accurate.
omg ty so much for this wow!

There's a lot but I have only found 1 that was actually somewhat accurate and even that one wasn't perfect. People really rushed it without looking at the details. So many of them have the middle piece inset instead of layered out.

THAT'S WHAT THOSE STRINGS ON HER BACK ARE!!! They've been driving me nuts. There's a set kind of between her shoulder blades and then some lower down towards the bottom. LKDFHldsakjfjkalds that makes so much sense.

It's definitely matte. Honestly a heavy (possibly stretch) cotton could work to make it easier to move in. None of the photos I've seen comes off as suede to me. Maybe a very fine microsuede?

My guess is its garment leather over a base and some sort of adhesive is used? I'm not super familiar with leather working so I'm not 100% but that's essentially what I'm going to do. I actually thrifted a very large leather jacket to do so.

You look absolutely amazing omg.

This is essentially what my plan was as well.

Oh it's so nice to see that someone was able to get it and try it. Definitely going to pick it up myself! They're SO close!
As far as the strings on the back, I WISH they were for the cloak ties, but I don't think so. The back strings look a lot skinnier than the black ties at her shoulders in the screenshots - the cloak ties look almost like seatbelt webbing, and are probably attached to the back of the cloak. That's my theory, anyway. Those back strings though? I'm going to hate them later when I make my vest too :C
This is a deep dive: has anyone managed to get any high-rez / super clear shots / screen grabs of the Rombaut boots as worn in the show? My achin' brain needs to know for sure if the screen-worn boots are made of bits of various materials OR if they are totally made of smooth vegan leather. (Loooong story.) Danke!

OH: and the metallic paint / details on the soles: is it gold or is it silver? Did anyone add that detail to their boots / thoughts / tips?
YES Someone else noticed the soles! They ARE gold! This just gave me an excuse to take more screenshots. I have a white pair of Rombauts coming in the mail I'll be painting black, and I was going to do the soles, too! I'll include what I grabbed, though not too high-res unfortunately. Wish I was good at editing photos. It's hell trying to discern colors with all the lighting-painting they did, but they seem to be consistently a goldish color on Lamentis and in the TVA, so that's what I'm going to do, and it would match the bits of gold she has on the vest. Probably gonna use the same paint, haha. Seems like it's on all the concave parts of the sole, with maybe some of the gold in the channels visible from the side?

Attachments

• Screenshot (438).png
    Screenshot (438).png
    114.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot (439).png
    Screenshot (439).png
    163.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot (440).png
    Screenshot (440).png
    160 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot (441).png
    Screenshot (441).png
    94 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot (442).png
    Screenshot (442).png
    80.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot (443).png
    Screenshot (443).png
    132.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot (446).png
    Screenshot (446).png
    152.7 KB · Views: 154
Hey all! I wanted to point out something that I wasn't sure many people noticed.
Sylvie has 2 buttons or fabric loops? on the back that I think hold her armor to her pants? Or maybe they hold her belt in place? You can only see them in the episode they see the "TImekeepers" because she's missing the belt that holds her sword.
pantbuttons.jpg

I included some other screens that show her belt too. I'm trying to see how the sword belt connects to the top one. Snaps? Maybe they don't connect at all? I can't tell... Does anyone have any better screens of the belt details? They're so hard to get good shots of lol
beltconnection.jpg
belt2.jpg
belt1.jpg

Finally finished the pants after modifying the Papao pattern. Got rid of the waist ties and sewed in buttons instead and made the cross over front flap a bit wider. Not the best sewer so couldn't figure out how to taper the legs more like I wanted, but overall I'm very happy! Used a nonstretch faux silk material from Joann's.

In the vid, I have on my white Rombauts that I've painted black after wearing them out for about six hours on pavement. They've held up pretty well with only a couple spots where the paint came off.

Now on the that nightmare of a breastplate that I've been procrastinating even starting...

Alcblueyes your wig looks amazing! Love the roots!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    18 MB
  • 8BE0A97A-36E3-41E4-837D-98A26E556141.jpeg
    8BE0A97A-36E3-41E4-837D-98A26E556141.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
Finally finished the pants after modifying the Papao pattern. Got rid of the waist ties and sewed in buttons instead and made the cross over front flap a bit wider. Not the best sewer so couldn't figure out how to taper the legs more like I wanted, but overall I'm very happy! Used a nonstretch faux silk material from Joann's.

In the vid, I have on my white Rombauts that I've painted black after wearing them out for about six hours on pavement. They've held up pretty well with only a couple spots where the paint came off.

Now on the that nightmare of a breastplate that I've been procrastinating even starting...

Alcblueyes your wig looks amazing! Love the roots!
Everything looks great!!

Finally got my pants done the other day. I attached a picture of how I modified the pattern in case anyone needs pointers. I have no idea if I did it right, but I think it looks okay.

Attachments

• photo_2021-10-05_02-20-16.jpg
    photo_2021-10-05_02-20-16.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142
  • photo_2021-10-05_02-20-10.jpg
    photo_2021-10-05_02-20-10.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 130
  • photo_2021-10-05_02-20-13.jpg
    photo_2021-10-05_02-20-13.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 148
  • photo_2021-10-05_02-20-06.jpg
    photo_2021-10-05_02-20-06.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 159
66B08D4E-FF60-4DDD-AB5E-61FC3F86F2BA.jpeg
Outfit turned out great! Lots of elements from 2PlayerGame but the pants are perfect. I gotta finish the turtleneck but it was good enough for Halloween.

Attachments

• F9846169-61CF-408A-B174-B6066D3CAA58.jpeg
    F9846169-61CF-408A-B174-B6066D3CAA58.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
  • 3827A1D0-6A08-4FAF-94BA-BC5FD16B2703.jpeg
    3827A1D0-6A08-4FAF-94BA-BC5FD16B2703.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 163
  • 54FFDD74-6743-4FAB-84A6-5AC106E1127B.jpeg
    54FFDD74-6743-4FAB-84A6-5AC106E1127B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 177
  • 38A9DB57-DAA7-4866-8A16-5FA8530B056F.jpeg
    38A9DB57-DAA7-4866-8A16-5FA8530B056F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 168
  • 4669BCDC-958F-4E46-AC95-1ACC52750F35.jpeg
    4669BCDC-958F-4E46-AC95-1ACC52750F35.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
This question isn’t really concerning the outfit, but the makeup. I finished the cloak and the pants already so I am finally getting somewhere with the cosplay (yay!). So now I just want to know what makeup was used for Sylvie’s look. Looking for lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow (if any was used), eyeliner, foundation, etc. If exact makeup can’t be found I will gladly take alternatives! Also, all of your cosplays look great so far! Especially the pants, those were really tricky. Thank you and best regards to you all. :)

If anyone has a pair of SA Rombaut boots in a 43 (or maybe 44), please let me know. I have a near-SA pair in 44 with the lower, version 1 sole that is in the show (still black, but various fabrics used). The company swears the production department bought several exactly like these, so they may appear in S2 or perhaps the costume department works on them before filming. I can post photos if anyone likes.

Here's the patterns for the Sylvie Foam Horns I created (in letter and A4). I also included a rough walkthrough.
I would love to see photos if anyone gives it a try!
Just the sanding and painting left for me now.
View attachment 1474563
Hey, so your template was really helpful however I cant seem to make the horns work! They just look like a unicorn horn instead of curved and beautiful like yours. I really don’t know what I might be doing wrong :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
If my eyes don’t deceive me, the gloves are now $7.99 in XS and S.

If anyone has a pair in L or XL available for sale / trade, please let me know. Thanks!

Looks like they still have XS for $6.99

If anyone has an XL pair for sale or trade, please let me know.

Also: if anyone has advice on removing the logos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back