Sylgian's Sith Stalker (501st approved!)

Re: Sylgian's Sith Stalker Helmet (finished pic/vid on p4)

And we are done!

Here are my removable glasses :) I need to make the bracket black, I am thinking sharpie, LOL. I dont feel like painting.
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Fun fact, All said and done it weighs in at 2lbs, 6oz. I just weighed it.

Sylgian, you did an incredible job with this! It looks amazing.

Not a huge update, but I did a little something for the display of the helmet. I made a quick helmet stand. Its made of some pre-fab wood pieces I picked up from jo-ann fabrics. It only cost around 5 bucks :)

Here are the raw pieces
scaled.php

In the middle of each disc I drilled out a nock for the dowel to sit in, but didnt go all the way through. I then filled the nocks with glue and put a screw in each end to cinch it together.
scaled.php

Then I hit it with some black paint
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Cheap and effective, best of all, no more pretzel box!

And finally, a little teaser. I will be starting work on the neck seal. I didnt want to go with plastic or rubber because I thought I could do something with more freedom of motion in vinyl with plastic ribs stitched into it. Here are my initial designs.
scaled.php

Re: Sylgian's Sith Stalker (WIP)

Did some work on the neck seal today. I went with a vinyl material with sintra ribs stitched into it.

Here is the proof of concept I did.
IMG_20120401_002223.jpg

And here are some shots of the neck portion. This will be work in addition to a black balaclava that will cover the bottom of my chin and the rest of my head you can see. I still have to add the skirt to it, but I think its looking pretty good.
IMG_20120401_002330.jpg

IMG_20120401_002343.jpg

Picture+4.jpg

Picture+6+%282%29.jpg

Picture+5.jpg

the magnets have to end at some point i guess. im sure they'll creep their way in later on though

Shoulder progress!

I am using sintra. I have a bunch here that I ordered for the cheek pieces of the helmet. I am not working with a pattern but I think its coming along nicely. I say its close enough.

Here is my base. The hard part is the compound curve on top.
IMG_20120402_084641.jpg

Starting the curved top piece.
IMG_20120403_095953.jpg

And we are ready for some bondo! The sintra gave me some nice flat/smooth areas. I sure am glad I wont have to smooth the whole thing.
IMG_20120403_205319.jpg

Last edited:

I bondo'd the shoulder tonight :) SUPER easy compared to the helmet. The nice flat areas the sintra gave me is a welcome break from the pepakura method.
IMG_20120404_232442.jpg

IMG_20120404_232502.jpg

I like that! I may have skimmed over it, but are you going to be doing the whole armor/suit?

I originally intended to do only the helmet. With Celebration VI coming up I have since decided to go all out and take on the whole costume. I am painting the shoulder tonight and this weekend will be the vest. I will have more pics soon!

Indeed he did! I know the site well. He did a great job. Almost every Stalker build I have seen uses a cast of his helmet. It is a really nice piece. This is my very first project, but hopefully mine will turn out almost as nice.

Is there any chance of you releasing your file? Seems to be the best model I have seen.

Edit: went back through and read the entire thread and found it. Thanks

Last edited:

Progress update time.

I smoothed out the shoulder this week and today I primed and painted it. I bought an airbrush too. I love that I can get even gradients and shading in my weathering now.
IMG_20120405_173928.jpg

IMG_20120405_173912.jpg

And here is the paint! Airbrushing is pretty fun.
IMG_20120407_164144.jpg

Finally, I began work on the vest. I am in the very early stages at the moment, but here is where it stands so far. I will be working on it this weekend. Hopefully I will make a good amount of progress on it.
IMG_20120407_170622.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back