Sylgian's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Sylgian

This is my Warhammer 40k Space Marine Costume. It is a Crimson Fist and was completed just in time for Halloween this year. This is my second ever costume build and I have been working on it since March of 2013. I have a full build thread located on the forum here: http://www.therpf.com/f24/sylgians-40k-space-marine-wip-179602/

This was my first time working in foam and also my first time working on something so large. The costume stands roughly 7ft tall and requires that I walk on stilts. The hardest part of the whole process was probably the Power Fist (the giant left hand). I designed it in google sketch-up and 3D printed all of the digits myself. It is fully articulated and I am extremely proud of it. The biggest challenge was probably designing everything in 3D. I am not a 3D modeler. I have been trying to teach myself the software though, and this is the largest and most complicated thing I have ever designed.

Enjoy!

Progress Pictures:
IMG_20130403_205231.jpg
IMG_20130406_163757.jpg

IMG_1333.JPG

IMG_20130511_173837.jpg

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

Proof Photo (sorry it's blurry, I had to take this myself) :
IMG_1802.JPG

Glamour shots of the completed costume:
IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

photoshopped goodness
grimdark_bldg.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP. That is amazing work. Second costume?? Looks like the job of a costume builder veteran to me, so bravo sir, bravo :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back