SWTOR. Sith Acolyte/Warrior helmet (Adraas style?) PIC HEAVY

Does anyone have anymore photographs from the facebook event? Just curious what the Sith Acolyte costumes and mask look like and if anyone knows who made them? I like to see different takes on the designs.

There is a youtube vidoe of this as well. Look for swtor ny flashmob. If your good at screen capture you can really get some detailed shots of both style armor.

I got lucky enough to find a batting helmet for 30 cent at a thrift store. I cut the pattern out of construction paper according to my head dimensions and then have started to construct it out of sign styrene.

Your costume looks awesome, just because it was not expensive doesn't make it bad.

Could you post more detailed pictures of the armor?

Your costume looks awesome, just because it was not expensive doesn't make it bad.

Could you post more detailed pictures of the armor?

Thanks for the kind comments.

I don't have any upto date pictures of the armour but I'll show you what I have (the costume had been made while I used the Mk I and II helmets).
Most of the armour is just made from EVA foam. I did make a Mk I from sintra/sale signs but it proved to be uncomfortable at times with areas that would pinch etc. I used the Mk I model with some newer screen shots to create some rough cardboard templates:

SL387884.jpg

The I traced these templates onto the foam and cut the shapes out.
SL387892.jpg
I rounded the edges with a dremel tool with a sanding wheel.
Once the pieces were cut and sanded I could start putting them together. I was able to curve some of the pieces by using a heat gun to warm the part up then bend the piece as it cooled.
rebuild2.jpg

Next step was to seal the foam. I used PVA glue for this and applied 4-5 coats allowing each coat a couple of hours for each to dry.
SL387910.jpg

Once sealed the piece looks nice 'n' shiny and to add colour I used rub 'n' buff.
SL387922.jpg

(Non painted piece on the left, silver rub 'n' buff on the right.)
I decided the silver rub 'n' buff was a little too shiny silver so I made a mix of 50/50 black and silver rub 'n' buff to try to get a more "gunmetal" colour which looked better but as I look at the photos now it is still too silver and I'll probably need to go more like 75% black to get it closer to the correct colour.

I weathered the armour by giving it a black wash to dull down the shinyness of the silver and took a few more pics.
With robes off:
6168366449_39083da909.jpg

With lightsaber (low lighting)
6168907096_d52ea08bc1.jpg

These pictures were taken last August - before I made the Mk3 mask.

And a photoshopped image with one of the reference images I used to create the costume. I think I need to practice getting my leg straighter lol. This reference image was originally the best for seeing most of the character from the first trailer and something I continue to use.

6168910252_7d2ff918a4_z.jpg

*edit* I also have a video on youtube of me just walking around the back garden, I did it mainly to see what the armour looked like as I moved around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRMBTuYgPI

Last edited:
The rest of my armour isn't that great, it's made from various pieces from materials like EVA foam and sintra and it kinda works out okay. It's all been made on a really low budget, mainly because that's all I can afford.

6543809883_37039f93e3_z.jpg

I thought I was the only person to have made this costume so far until I saw this picture this morning on facebook:
388085_10150446005553860_28984808859_8605983_1926314414_n.jpg

Dude your armor looks great ! I wish I had something half that good. I love the mask ! So well done ! Congrats.

Looks stunning, both you mask and armour.
Thanks for posting the pictures of your armour. So tempted to do this costume now.

I...wow, this is impressive and inspiring stuff, sir!

I LOVE how that helmet and scrollwork came out.

And thanks for the insight on the EVA armor, and how you made it. I'm angling to make a Malgus myself, and planning to do the armor with EVA. This thread is definetly relevant to my interests.

Keep up the good work! I'll be lurking!

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I've seen that moose has started his own version now along with a few others.
If it helps people then there is also a decent Acolyte costume build going on over at the flagship eclipse, I believe he is trying to get it to a quality to be approved by the 501st.

I kinda lost motivation with this particular mask after my silicone mess but I'd still love to make another version of this mask/helmet again one day.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back