SWTOR. Sith Acolyte/Warrior helmet (Adraas style?) PIC HEAVY

I am building one of these armors. Do I have your permission to blatantly copy you lol. But No I am trying to build one of these before the 3d movie.

My question here is: What type of resin did you use to give dimension to the cardboard scraps? I would love to use a similar technique, but I am novice at utilizing resin.

Looks stellar, btw. The black wash really makes it stand out, you can hardly tell there was any damage what-so-ever.

Cheers,

-Arcko
It was just some polyester resin that I used, simply brushed over the whole thing to protect the cardboard undedrneath, it kinda soaks into the cardboard to make the whole mask 'like plastic'.

I am building one of these armors. Do I have your permission to blatantly copy you lol. But No I am trying to build one of these before the 3d movie.
Lol, you don't need my permission mate just have fun building it and show us pics after you've done.

the most impressive thing about this is that you were able to take the time off playing the game to build it!
everyone i know is playing it nonstop!

the most impressive thing about this is that you were able to take the time off playing the game to build it!

I wonder if it's another one of those games that everyone plays for the free month, then leaves it forever. Then when I finally get to play it everyone is gone and the game closes down :lol

Where did you get a filigree patterns? Just draw them yourself?

I did a google search for filigree swirls and got some good examples of various swirls.

Using the screenshot (on the first page of this thread) as the best reference I had, I scanned my paper template into the computer and placed the filigree patterns into the template to get something close to the screen version. I did this for one side then just flipped it for the other side and printed them off, stuck them onto card and cut the various shapes out with the scalpel. Some "filler" patterns were just cut out on the fly as they were only small pieces to fill in the gaps in the pattern.

I also used the Sith Prophecy font in the same way to put the name "Takamatsu" across the top of the helmet. It's the name I'm using for my SWTOR main character, a name I've used since playing Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast.

Stop playing? Eh?
6543791943_8505fc6bda.jpg

Now THOSE LEGPLATES... Details, sir, details! Gaining Dark Side points can wait.

-Arcko
The rest of my armour isn't that great, it's made from various pieces from materials like EVA foam and sintra and it kinda works out okay. It's all been made on a really low budget, mainly because that's all I can afford.

6543809883_37039f93e3_z.jpg

I thought I was the only person to have made this costume so far until I saw this picture this morning on facebook:
388085_10150446005553860_28984808859_8605983_1926314414_n.jpg

Last edited:
All those armors from the looks of it are the same. There are a few clear shots of them, and I believe there all the from the same mold. It does give a better idea of how its made though.
405517_10150445986683860_28984808859_8605939_800526579_n.jpg

that is quite a beauty, very nice

must of took some time and patiences cutting out those little details, i'd say it paid off though

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back