SW Where Science Meets Imagination - COLUMBUS!

How did I miss this thread? :lol I live in Columbus, and will be at the exhibit quite a bit.

I'm going to the opening tonight (I could only get tickets for the 12:45 showing, but I will be there)

I'm also going to be there on June 10th, and July 15, for events with other groups, but I'm probably going to go many more times, plus I would LOVE it if we had a prop party here for once. :)

Jason

BTW, just so people know who to look for tonight, this is me'

[image]http://members.aol.com/jedimasterjpb7/mypics/1[/image]

[image]http://members.aol.com/jedimasterjpb7/RPF/Ijedi[/image]

Minus the beard, and in a sith robe tonight. I t's much easier to put on, and take off, the my jedi gear, but I will be there in my jedi gear at later dates.

Jason

WOW. For those of you who didn't go last night, you are going to love the COSI exhibit.

They had so much stuff. I've been to a number of the other exhibits, but this one had much more, then most. Plus, there's a bunch of fun interactive things to watch and do, if your into science, and what not. (which I am. :) ) Plus, there are video screens all over telling you about the items on display, the movies (the stories and behind the seines stuff too) and real world technology, that has a clear connection to what we see on screen. There was much more, but I don't wont to blow the surprises for anyone. I'll just say, it was a blast being around all that great screen used stuff.

I will say that the gift shop is kind of on the pricey side, but most are, so if you want a souvenir, bring lot's of money. Also, I was a little disappointed to see they only had 6 lightsabers, and like 6 blasters, but what they did have was great, and though they were behind glass (plexy glass?) you could get very close. (I mean really close, the glass was only like an inch or two, from all the sabers they had, so even my blind self could see every little detail)

I can't wait to go back. :)

Jason

I really wish I could've made it this weekend. But, that's the way things work out. :(

I'm sure I'll hear how great it is from my friends in the Southern Outpost.

I do think that a prop party would be a great idea. Let's not let this opportunity slip thru our fingers.

Richard

I didn't take any. :( I figured that there would be tons of people taking them so I thought I would see what they came up wit, and if I need any more, I'll take them when I'm back down there next weekend, when the crowd isn't as bad.

Not to mention that there was so much to do, and so little time to do it in, Friday night, that I had to miss the falcon experience thing. :( But, I'll see it next weekend. I'll have to finish my solo costume, and get a pic in it. :)

Jason

Just got back from a weekend there in Columbus. Went Saturday afternoon. The tickets were sold in groups of 15 minutes. Once you came inside, you could stay as long as you wanted.
The 501st had a ton of costumed people there. Made for a super show just coming into the museum. Clone troopers as well as jedi and sith abound at the front door. A Studio scale X-Wing sat out front for all to see. Nice.
We were able to get right in without a wait and noticeds the autograph section was very easy to get through with almost no wait at all saturday afternoon. The exhibit was in one of the upper floor wings. A tone of things not shown at MoM, definately worth the visit. The MoM was much larger but this was a great display none the less. Alot of items from the new movies were shown there as well as a few from the older trilogy. OOOhhhh, got to get that Millinium Falcon somehow out of there. Tons of interactive displays for the kids including programable mini R2's the kids loved to carry around from certain displays.
The souvineer shop was bland, nothing really aimed at the show except for a book, t-shirt and pin. Got the pin, best value to get. :) They had the MR mini sabers, just the new Obi and Darth vader minis as well as the full size vaders. No FX sabers, they could have made a killing selling FX sabers there (cough cough MR and Lucas, sel the FX sabers there, you will do well to do so). ;)
The 501st help make this a great event, Kudos to them for the photo ops and guides for the fans.

I just wanted to post our group photo. I am the XO of the Ohio Garrison of the 501st. It was a blast being there and we'll be there all summer. Hope everyone comes out.

group2.jpg

Had an awsome time this past weekend. The Ohio 501st treated us great, the hotel treated us great and everybody working for COSI treated us great. Oh, and the display was awsome also. A must see for anybody in the area.

I was up there with saxe coburg, Tambo Fett, and many others from Tennessee. I was Count Dooku. My pictures from the opening can be seen here. Unfortunately, the larger images are there for just the first half of the photos as I ran out of disk space on my webhost. I will get them all up (and hopefully even larger) by tomorrow.

in 3 words

BEST EVENT EVER.

GEN CON take notes..this is how to treat the 501st/RL

the COSI..the 501st/RL, the fans and all the children had a big smile the entire weekend.

Got back from the exhibit yesterday and if you are in the area - don't miss it. I had hope for more props :p but I guess they had to mix in some science for the kids too. Try to get there first thing in the morning as we were the first group in - only 20 people or so in exhibit for a while. Anyway, couple of things stood out to me...

U-track on blaster fins (I thought they were all t-track)
[attachmentid=8442]

Also got a couple of decent shots of land speeder circuit boards (as close as I could get without falling over handrail)
[attachmentid=8443]
[attachmentid=8444]

And everyone loves jawas (my son as one of those digusting creatures :lol )
[attachmentid=8445]

I have full res shots of these if anyone wants them, just PM me and I'll get them out next week.

-Propcicle

A few of us from The Ohio Garrison will be there tomorro afternoon. They are having a Gala Dinner with Anthony Daniels as the guest emcee so we figured we'd troop around abit before the dinner.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back