SW Where Science Meets Imagination - COLUMBUS!

GINO

Sr Member
For those that don't already know, the next stop for the SW WSMI Exhibit is in Columbus, OH. It's being held at COSI which is literally 5 min from where I live.

For the past week, I've been at the exhibit taking behind the scenes photos for Columbus CityScene Magazine. It was extremely cool to see the stuff being un-crated and set up. I've been to a few of the SW traveling exhibits (multiple times) but never had the opportunity to be this up close & personal with the items. Second only to a trip to the LFL archives. A lot of these behind the scenes photos will be featured in the magazine which will hopefully be for sale in the exhibit.

The exhibit is way cool. The full scale milennium falcon interior and cockpit are a must see for any SW fan, not to mention the props, models, and costumes. Seeing the blockade runner and landspeeder were amazing. I believe this exhibit is the first time either of them have ever been on display. There is a good ratio of classic trilogy items to new trilogy for those interested. For me, that means mostly classic trilogy. ;)

I was just curious to see who was planning on making the trek out to my neck of the woods and when.

Cincinnati here also and will hopefully be making several trips up there. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the new added items that weren't at MOM. I just wish there was a Boushh costume there.

Steveo

I'll be there for the opening weekend. Hope you can make it out Gino, it would be nice to meet you and any other RPFers that are attending.

I'll be at the media preview opening for sure. But I'm sure I'll going back there a lot.
The exhibit is from June 3 to sometime in Sept.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to coordinate a date for rpf'ers.

My nephew is graduating down in Dublin the next weekend, so we will be coming down fo r a visit. We decided to stay overnight and visit the exhibit while we are there next Sunday.

I'm too lazy right now to do any kind of search... is there a link that might provide some more details?

And it would be a cool if we could determine a date and time for RPF'ers to meet up. :thumbsup

I will be going to this sometime this summer. I live in Jamestown, New York and this will be an 8 hour round trip drive time, but will be well worth it.

If there is enough interest, maybe there is a chance of piggy backing a prop party onto a weekend during the exhibit as well. Doesn't have to be right away, we have until September.

Anyone?

I'm 2 hours from Columbus. Me and the boy (he was too young for the MOTM tour) will being heading there some time this summer, but I'm not sure when. We were just at COSI 2 months ago, so I figured I'd wait a little while before going again. Maybe July.

Myself and three others from IL will be at the COSI events this coming weekend. From Friday 6pmish until some time Sunday. Be great to see some of you again. I'll be a Tusken working the event, make sure you say hi.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back