SW Bossk's flightsuit: Found !!

Well if the whole thing at once your speaking of a project with the metal parts, research hinges, conectors, airvent, plugs and replicate that and fuze it with a suit. Your looking at HIGH PRICETAG.

Let me turn the question.

1. How much are people intrested in putting into a complete suit with all the parts?

2. How much are people intrestes in putting into all the softparts - the details?

I would be interested in a full suit, of course, subject to price.
If TMP decides to go for the soft parts only, then maybe someone else might be interested in re-producing the other parts?

Come on guys, lets hear your thoughts !

dig back afew years in the Rebel Costuming subforum over at ASAP. The threads might have been lost in the move to yuku, but IIRC both the vest and suit were IDed there. Or maybe try the Rebel Legion boards.
Great sleuthing, guys!

You are correct sir. I believe it was about 4 years ago that it was ID'd.

Well if the whole thing at once your speaking of a project with the metal parts, research hinges, conectors, airvent, plugs and replicate that and fuze it with a suit. Your looking at HIGH PRICETAG.

Let me turn the question.

1. How much are people intrested in putting into a complete suit with all the parts?

2. How much are people intrestes in putting into all the softparts - the details?

Hi TMP...I for one would like to have a one stop shop "whole suit". As you mentioned it would be much more intensive and costly, but the payoffs are bar-none worth it in the long run...for you and us ;) (the best/only place to get a Bossk flightsuit:)). I would expect it to cost nothing less than $1000 for a "whole suit". Just a ballpark figure, but if the soft parts would run,..say $500 then a buyer has to do the rest of the suit with no real source of metal parts it would look no different than the many fan suits already in existence and could spend an easy $500 in time and money to finish it off.

Just my .02, but if it's going to be done to take Bossk to the next level a lot rides on the suit being "whole" and totally top notch replication.

I'd have to sell a couple of costumes to finance it, but I love the idea of a "screen accurate" Bossk right next to my ESB Boba.:)

Steve

Heck I'll settle for an extremely accurate pressure vest.

While there are some pretty decent ones available right now, I have yet to see one that is really close to 100% in construction details and materials used.

Well lets look at the sofparts alone.

There are several different types of methods to make something like that. It will require production in several run with different teamplates to tohse parts to make one suit. The material your looking at is also different.

For just the softparts with the vest to arround 1200-1500 usd pr suit industrially tailored. Minimum order of 10 and in industrail sizes M L XL XXL Long or short version.

I hounestly dont se us doing any of the metal parts or vents.
I am sure a person like Rusrep or other with R2D2 machined parts whould make it to a satisfacory standard.

If we are going to make this then
Whoever belives a good replicated suit for production can be offerd for 500 USD then i whould love to se it. Its allot of labour and materials. Just ask your self how much you invested in your accurate Bobafett softparts. Then compare it to the details of this suit.

Note the joints and the endings. To make that belivable and solid and not sagging requires padding and support.
However more research is required especially the back.

Right now we are swamped with variouse productions.

Last edited:
Could anyone contact someone making metal parts (Russrep or other?) to see if there is interest in making them to complete this suit?

I think there would be quite a bit of metal peices individually...from the neck to the shoulders, elbows, belt bits, buckle, calf belt peices, chest.....etc. hundreds of dollars worth...possibly surpassing 1k.

Honestly it seems that the maker of the suit would really need to be in close communication to coordinate the sizes of both metal and fabric. Unless there would be some collaborative effort I don't see this getting done.:unsure Good measurements would be needed to make everything as accurate as possible given the price of such a suit....nobody would want to spend 2k on something that is just another interpretation...not even me ;) And with a replica fast approaching a three thousand dollar guestimate with no solid source to take measurements from it seems further and further from a reality...at this time anyhow.

If someone were to get a full list together, I could contact russrep to see what kind of prices he would shoot us. Although, again, hard measurements would be needed prior. There is tons of research that need to be done before a machinist would come into play for so many parts. I'd hate to ask "could you make this" with no blueprints, measurements, or even so much as a list of how many of what to make. It's just way too soon.

Is there a way to get up close to that suit and photograph the heck out of it? It's the only way that this project would even get on the launch pad before lift off.

Steve

I made a few parts for Bossk this week. Made the Shoulder buckles and the U-part. These are for a bud who is finishing up his suit. I'll post pics after this weekend of his costume.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back