Superman The Movie - Custom 3.75 inch action figure project and Palitoy / Kenner cardbacks *FULLY PAINTED PHOTOS*

Here's the fully painted Superman (Kenner style).

Attachments

• Painted-Superman.jpeg
    Painted-Superman.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 278
Here's the latest card - TRON (Can't decide on blue or green figure background).

Also, first progress photo of Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk 1:18 scale figure.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Kenner-Tron Card-Front-Blue.jpg
    Kenner-Tron Card-Front-Blue.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
Hey cking... Just had to pop in & tell you about this, since you were the first one I thought of when I saw it.

Mezco is producing a '66 Batman playset that comes with several figures, a background, & batmobile. They'll be 3.75 inches & have the 5 points of articulation. I'm sure several here would love to have your card backs for them.

Screenshot_20201008-074625.png

I love these and plan to use them in my own set of cards. It's such a shame that they've made Robin as tall as Batman though. Even if I was a kid, I would be annoyed by that. Wonder why they couldn't shrink him down a bit.

I love these and plan to use them in my own set of cards. It's such a shame that they've made Robin as tall as Batman though. Even if I was a kid, I would be annoyed by that. Wonder why they couldn't shrink him down a bit.
Maybe use the boil and squish technique.

Huge thanks to psab keel for sending a Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie cardbacks to Michael at Retroblasting. Here's a link to their review of my cards. They actually confuse my cards with the cards that are being professionally produced in China by another UK fan (Stan Solo Creations and Smith Lord Creations), so that was a huge compliment for them to think that my cards were up to the same standard as those.

I would be all over this if the price could be brought down. There are MANY here who could help you with casting these in resin, which means a lower price and more people being able to add these to our collections.

You say that, but everyone I contacted about it expressed no interest due to being busy with their own projects so I decided to just keep it as the 3D printed version. Thanks

You say that, but everyone I contacted about it expressed no interest due to being busy with their own projects so I decided to just keep it as the 3D printed version. Thanks
Over this past weekend I had some spare time to knock out a custom vintage Luke Skywalker (Final Jedi Duel) action figure using one of your card backs.

(The figure is an amalgamation of a vintage Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho) and a vintage Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)

Echoing what others have said, your card backs are amazing and indistinguishable from the Kenner originals—outstanding work! The card back really looks like something that they would have produced.

39941D5F-5F25-4822-9099-474283E75012.jpeg
28461563-6BC0-492D-88A8-0C2CE8F24D45.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW!
Sooo glad this thread was bumped with new posts. Never saw this thread, fun to read thru the whole discussion.
Outstanding work! I can only imagine how much time and effort went into this project.
SO well done!:cool::cool::cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back