Superman Returns, Super Hybred Suit UPDATE

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by corpseguy, Jun 1, 2006.

1. corpseguy

corpseguy Well-Known Member

I have kept this little project a secret for some time now and i figured as we're not far off it was time to let the (super) cat out of the bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's printed on a 4 way stretch fabric which has taken the colors really well.
    now all i need is to sew this puppy up and get some boots and a cape.. and superhuman strength.. and the flying thing... oh and the X-ray vision.

-----------

Hey gang.

I wanted to let show this piece off as well.

Super Hybred which has an "S" pattern over the entire suit, as well as the 3d muscle effects and

shading.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joe

2. Kal-ElofKrypton

Kal-ElofKrypton Well-Known Member

I would like to get a swatch of the material to get a feal of what it is like.

3. Cptnchaos

Cptnchaos Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ Jun 2 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]1254534[/snapback]</div>

Ditto. I'll email you tonight.

Damian

4. bleyd

bleyd Sr Member

I was just thinking how cool that material would be framed and matted with the new "S" logo on it.

5. saberlover

saberlover Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(bleyd @ Jun 5 2006, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1256770[/snapback]</div>

too much air brushing...

6. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That turned out nicely...have you considered doing a similar one with the Diamonds instead of the little "S"s everywhere?

7. corpseguy

corpseguy Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Oct 6 2006, 02:23 AM) [snapback]1332833[/snapback]</div>

whoa. thought this thread was dead long ago =D

I thought about it but the shape of the diamonds woulnd't lend well to the 3d effect. like the pattern is too solid for it? if you get what i mean, why would something like that interest you?

8. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes I would be interested in seeing it first, but since the film suit was made with the Diamonds on it that's how I pictured a modified version of the Film suit.

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Oct 6 2006, 03:50 AM) [snapback]1332983[/snapback]</div>

whoa. thought this thread was dead long ago =D

I thought about it but the shape of the diamonds woulnd't lend well to the 3d effect. like the pattern is too solid for it? if you get what i mean, why would something like that interest you?
    [/b][/quote]