Super Sentai Forever Blue Helmets Project! (Foam Build)

yep, no doubt about it. a heat gun will be necessary for the type of curved sides.

but im positive that the sides will have one slit of two at the top and/or bottom to curve and glue to make the rounded shape.

like this: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/427871_3834667101535_401624097_n.jpg

i forgot to ask you, you said in your earlier post that you failed right? did you try doing the 4-piece pattern free hand or you tried modifying ikkakuro's pattern? cause i think the pattern is possible after modifying ikkakuro's pattern...

@topic.

just bought 4ft x 4ft of black 3mm rubber sheet :D you'll be seeing aoranger (GOranger Blue) in couple of days. (unpainted :p planning to start on painting if i have 5 helmets or more :p)

so excited and i just can't hide it. :p

EDIT:
not yet starting on the helmets cause i am working on modifying the pattern to make faster and smoother build :D

Last edited:
i tried modifying ikkakuro's base and it wasn't a complete failure, but although i was able to modify ikkakuro's into 4 main pieces, there were too many seams.

i wish large sheets/rolls of foam were widely available here in the U.S. like in Marikina city.

i tried modifying ikkakuro's base and it wasn't a complete failure, but although i was able to modify ikkakuro's into 4 main pieces, there were too many seams.

i wish large sheets/rolls of foam were widely available here in the U.S. like in Marikina city.

what type of rubber foam are you using anyway? maybe if you'll look for foam / rubber sheets try 2mm min and 3mm max thickness :D

Cool helmets bro. Looking forward to seeing more, specially AoRanger. :lol

By the way, as for foam thickness, I believe it is much more preferable to use 4-6mm. (I use 5, but some of my friends use 4 or 6. lol)

Cool helmets bro. Looking forward to seeing more, specially AoRanger. :lol

By the way, as for foam thickness, I believe it is much more preferable to use 4-6mm. (I use 5, but some of my friends use 4 or 6. lol)

you also make your own helmets out of foam? i use 3mm cause i have a big head, 3mm foam is soft enough to have nice curves and sturdy enough for it not to be distorted. also it provides enough room for my head to fit in hehehe :p

hello, did some modification to the hull adaaptarlo base for to the form of helmet MMPR blue?

hey there! if i got your question right, uhm... i did not modify the base helmet. just the size to make it fit perfectly to my head. after assembling the base helmet i just added some details, in MMPR's case, cutting the mouth and visor part, adding horns and burning some details using soldering iron :D

Not bad! And Power Rangers...that was something I grew up watching...lol
I think my age is showing... :behave

The seams could be just a little cleaner. Not by a lot either. It may not be screen accurate, but it still looks awesome man! If you're going to be doing all of them...that's ALOT of blue!

I'm actually kinda jealous :unsure

kuya paturo ^_^

I am planning to make Gokaiger blue too or MMPR white..

I haven't started cuz i am looking for files that have less edges or seams...

i hope i can start this christmas vacation

Having actually found the time to watch most of, if not all of the seasons that aired in the US, some of those feel like they're going to be hard! Mostly from around the time Saban had actually started, like the first six or seven seasons that aired in the US, 'cause of the stupid mouths...Good luck though... Just don't get too much paint on yourself. :lol

kuya paturo ^_^

I am planning to make Gokaiger blue too or MMPR white..

I haven't started cuz i am looking for files that have less edges or seams...

i hope i can start this christmas vacation

sure! walang kabagay bagay!

about the seams i don't really know how to hide those. but minimizing them all depends on how well you glued the pieces together. try using super glue (i am using evotite, super glue used for acrylic signages :p)

Not bad! And Power Rangers...that was something I grew up watching...lol
I think my age is showing... :behave

The seams could be just a little cleaner. Not by a lot either. It may not be screen accurate, but it still looks awesome man! If you're going to be doing all of them...that's ALOT of blue!

I'm actually kinda jealous :unsure

yah i know our age does show hehehe but man who cares right!? :p

once a ranger always a ranger hehehe

alot of blue you said? hahaha i know isn't it rad?! :D

yah i know our age does show hehehe but man who cares right!? :p

once a ranger always a ranger hehehe

alot of blue you said? hahaha i know isn't it rad?! :D

I certainly don't care...and definitely, once a ranger...

Besides, Blue tend to save the day their own way...

good day i am a new comer in this forum i am also into making sentai helmets i would like to know the materials you are using and where to buy the base or stand for the helmet thanks :popcorn

hello, me again XD, I've been trying to make a helmet but I really can not find how to do it with rubber eva, help please? a tutorial or something??

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back