Super Mario Galaxy Series?

KrangPrime

Master Member
they finally evolved the series to a level where Ithought it was fun and enjoyable in the 3D world with the Galaxy games.
Super Mario 64 I found too slow and boring. Mario Sunshine was a slight step up, but I didn't like the repeated levels again....

I thought they finally found a nice mixture with 3D and 2D gaming in the galaxy games.
but they seem to have just stopped at 2. these I find are for more challenging than the recent 2D mario games that have come out in recent years.

any word on a third one in the series?

I feel the exact opposite of what you feel for these games. The Galaxy games were disappointing for me, enough that I stopped buying Mario games. I didn't like how they're linear. What I loved about the earlier 3D games was that there were multiple ways to get the "star" you needed. There was never a set path to get them like there is in the Galaxy games.

I have a feeling the Galaxy series died with the Wii. :(

I liked the Galaxy games as well. I thought SUPER Mario 3D World would be the same thing by it really isn't. I'm hoping they make a 3rd at some point.

I feel the exact opposite of what you feel for these games. The Galaxy games were disappointing for me, enough that I stopped buying Mario games. I didn't like how they're linear. What I loved about the earlier 3D games was that there were multiple ways to get the "star" you needed. There was never a set path to get them like there is in the Galaxy games.

I have a feeling the Galaxy series died with the Wii. :(

I'm not a big fan of exploring games. The latest 3D zelda's just feel like a big waste of time. Rather than fighting enemies from the start, you spend the first ten minutes trying to retrieve a cat off a ledge. ugh.

you spend the first ten minutes trying to retrieve a cat off a ledge. ugh.
And you spend the next hour on a pointless fetch quest for your giant pet bird all while being unable to skip long cutscenes. The beginning annoyed me so much. I think it is Skyward Sword you are talking about. Terrible overworld but I liked the dungeons. Some of the absolute best in Zelda games. For me, Twilight Princess, where Link turns into a wolf, was the biggest timewaster. The largest overworld yet with the largest dungeons and bosses. The bosses had **** poor AI.

I think all future Zeldas will have an hour long of doing story developing things that are in actuality a big waste of time. I do miss the days when after a couple of dialogue boxes you were all set to go where you needed to. I like some exploration games and exploration was one of the reasons I like SM64 and SMS as much as I do. Fun finding different ways of getting what you needed. The Galaxy games were just too easy for me. I think that was why I ultimately ended up disappointed with them.

Last edited:
Galaxy games were great, but they've moved on. Mario 3D world is fantastic, it carries the torch well.

Mario 64, for it's time, was downright amazing and truly ground breaking. Best part is that it holds up really well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back