Super Cheap High Quality Costumes

Hey Ozy, was this the old store that was in a strip mall on 50? Across the street from the mall? I used to go there a lot for makeup and mask making supplies. I used to love that place. Was very sorry to see it go.

Anyway... a couple of things I'm looking for...

Any vintage suit thats close to this one in either a 44R or 46R or size large. Pants would be close to 32 x 32. This would be the main thing I'm looking for.
tumblr_l4ihag4aIj1qc128yo1_500.jpg

Large safari shirts like this.
harrisonindy4.jpg

Or finally, Indy's white dinner suit. Same sizes.
000570_37.jpg

Really appreciate you doing this.

Oh, and a Donegal tweed jacket, with or without elbow patches, that looks like this: (kind of a mustardy tan color, also 38R, 2 button with a high breach)

vincent-opener.jpg

Just re-stating what I said above, "Now with Pictures!:lol"

Black Inverness coat/cape 44L or 46L:

a-christmas-carol-the-musical-20051109044258911-000.jpg

Also referred to as a Victorian Greatcoat:

coatback-225x300.jpg

In a similar style, a black Duster Coat (wool/cloth or leather):
F46506.jpg

You get the idea - a decent black or dark charcoal Victorian/Goth/Sherlock Holmes/Angel/Spike/Barnabas Collins/Matrix - type coat.

Quality black cape (Vader-type):
DarthVaderCapeRobe.jpg

Quality black Vader boots (size 10 - 1/2)
Western boots in decent shape - depends on what's available (size 10 - 1/2)
(You know what these look like :))

I'd be interested in any US Vietnam era uniforms (especially a helmet) and any WWII German uniforms or props (especially a Luger pistol). Size 42L jackets, 34x34 pants

I would love to know if he has any western costumes/cowboy outfits.

Period guns, and holsters would be welcome as well :)

Been thinking of making a life sized Red Dead Redemption display, so this might save me some trouble.

Any chance he has knight armor for the medieval stuff?

Thanks!
Chris

Looking for some stuff for an Ezio assassins creed 2 or 3 costume, and a David Tennant type Brown coat. Both of these for a 5"4' male size medium.

Any Roccoco style gowns? marie antoinette style? Victorian or Edwardian? Corsets, real ones, the ones that don't stretch. 17th 18th century gowns. Not interested in renaissance though. Small sizes.

Also 20s to 40s fancy beaded dresses or fancy coats.

I'm very interested. Thanks!

Bulk reply again, so I'll try and cover as much ground as possible.

Don't know about any spacesuits, but I'll look.

Don't know about armor or stage mail, that's a "look-for" as well. Do recall a good selection of Roman gear.

No idea on Samurai costumes. Will ask.

Cowboy stuff is definatley there.

Specific video game costumes are very iffy. Especially anything within the past year. Plenty of Renaisance and Midevil stuff that could be altered to work is more likely.

Doubtful on the Cleric coat as well.

Pirate wear is definate.

All the ladie's requests on gowns and such are quite likely. Very large selection of women's costumes from all periods. In fact, for you girls, if it's ever been seen in a stage play she probably has it.

WWII and Vietnam era military clothes are pretty likely. I know they had a pretty good stock of military wear. Don't know about helmets or props. They mainly dealt in costumes.

Should be back with pictures this weekend.

Oz

If he has a nice suit, that would be pretty cool as well. I have been giving thought to a Superman display where it's him opening the shirt to show off the costume, and hey, costume suits and fedoras are just as good as regular suits when it comes to showing em off on a mannequin :)

Keep me informed, and thanks for letting us know about this!
Chris

I'd love to take a look at anything fantasy (especially cloaks!), medieval, Renaissance, Victorian, or superhero. I'm not really looking for anything specific though, so not sure how to narrow that down, sorry. Too bad they didn't have an online store or something.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back