Suits Weekly/wolf

Classic scar619

ok so this is my second costume weekly thing and i was not very claer on my first one so all i want is for you to post the picture of your finished suit that corresponds with what i have asked so this week show me your wolf predator suits. so if am am still not clear say i had a wolf suit i would post a picture of it in the comments

not this again...

Dude I get what your try to do - create a reference page thats open to all member of all the different preds that they have made, abit like Kithunters in the weapons and armour section - http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/2-the-hunters-lair-suit-thread238-updated-111010/. But some, if not most, people would rather make there own WIP thread and gather personal feedback for the own suit rather than place it into a thread with everyones else's suits and either getting little or no feedback at all.

For example - if a budget and a pro builder post their suits in this thread, the budget build may get a few comments but the pro will get endless - its a lil demoralising to the budget builder in that sense.

With the builders own thread - only involving their own build - than they can get improvement posts and direct feedback about there suit only.

Great idea, but just not sure its going to work.....

If the OP wants to see finished suits pics,He can search for them.
I'm of the same sentiment as the rest and think one more thread of pics from already existing threads, only clutters the board.
Lem

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at the replies that are being shown to a new member. Maybe this thread should be moved to General discussion as it is not about a WIP or one persons completed show off thread. Maybe that should have been suggested first instead. Yes, I agree that there is a Suit Thread but there is no organization to it. It would be nice if all the P1's, Wolfs, Elders, etc. had there own areas instead of having to search thru 19 pages in the Suit Thread. The Reference thread is seperated but it is mainly screen caps. There's nothing wrong with making things easier and more organized, but again, maybe I'm wrong.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at the replies that are being shown to a new member. Maybe this thread should be moved to General discussion as it is not about a WIP or one persons completed show off thread. Maybe that should have been suggested first instead. Yes, I agree that there is a Suit Thread but there is no organization to it. It would be nice if all the P1's, Wolfs, Elders, etc. had there own areas instead of having to search thru 19 pages in the Suit Thread. The Reference thread is seperated but it is mainly screen caps. There's nothing wrong with making things easier and more organized, but again, maybe I'm wrong.

Dude, not saying I don't agree with you or classic scar- I totally do. All I was saying is that people may not be happy doing this, this way. Maybe would have been different if suggested by a moderator there would probably been a different overall reaction. People probably see this as a new guy trying to rip off other members suits - in which I know he is not.

All I was stating earlier is that members maybe a little unhappy with the way the original question was written - bit too enforceful and demanding as an ovrall sense most probably automatically putting other members backs up about the subject.

I agree with you about the reference of other members past,present and future costume thread being all preds jumbled into one and not being catagorized seperately and I have also noticed that the newer images aren't being added. I still stand by my earlier comment on this however.

My responce has nothing to do wiht the OP being a new member.
Time and time again we get the same topics posted and time and time again they are left to die once the OP has gotten what he or she needed.No need to create multiple threads of the exact same topic over and over again.
you want to have all the suits categorized and no clutter?
well guess what ..if we had less threads like this there would be less clutter.
time and time again I see the exact same threads:
where can I get a predator suit?
how can I sculpt a mask?
can anyone post (insert inquired topic)picture?

If the poster is asking the answers that have already been answered in here and don't want to do a lil research. chances are that he or she won't do the work it takes to do a suit, mask, helmet,etc,etc.

You want the suit pics to be organized? well then do it like many of us: make folders on your computer and organize them yourslef.
this site is here because of one members dream. it has evolved in to what it is now. and it's intended to be a guide for the user not to cater to him.

It amazes me the lack of common sense ,ettiquete and the impetuous postings that go on around here.
"wich mask/helmet should I buy?"
Really? then just give me your money! if you can make your mind about what you want . then might as well give up if you can even decide for yourself what you want.

"just got this and that!/I'm doing this or that I'll post the pics later"
fine by me but where are the pics? was you urge for attention so strong that you had to just post your project or recently acquired prop but couldnt post the pics? whats the use then? are we to assume that we all are mindreaders and know what the OP means? NO. therefore pics!

the list goes on and on and on!

well said ronin , i'm just sick of reading pointless threads where it basically just comes down to people can't be bothered to look for things! to me the lair has become full of pointless threads like this and the excitement i used to feel when reading the latest on the lair has gone...all i read are the same type of threads as lem pointed out above, the creative threads are few and far between on the lair, this is why i dont often visit, oh and if you think the response was harsh " the director" well....tough i dont care

I can't imagine why anyone would find it difficult to locate information here. It's incredibly easy to find tutorials, pics and just about anything on the boards here.

The SEARCH feature works well when you put in the right keywords, and the categories are neatly organized into relevant topics. Moderators and die hard members are both very active so Hot threads are pushed to the top and locked and people refresh new well rounded content every day.

A person can find just about anything topic related I want - cept for maybe where they lost their pred keychain (but hey could find a new one here if you wanted its that easy.

;D

i see what you are trying to do Classic Scar, but it just doesn't work. Even over at the RPF they try to do "Official batman thread" but it doesnt work and there are multiple "official threads". people would rather have their own wip and complete thread. if no one was interested in it the first time it's probably not going to work the second time. you just need to go look through the finished suit section, find the suits you like and then search for the user to get all the pics you want.
not trying to be mean, but that's just how it goes.

Lem- the reason it seems like the Lair is over run lately with noob "gimme the answer questions", is because --it is. every year for about a month and a half up to halloween we get the influx. it will die down soon enough.

Sorry guys. This is the first costuming forum I've been a part of. I belong to a lot of scifi related prop and modeling forums. And yes, we do have a ramp up of new mmebers at certain times of the year. When I joined here a few months ago the first thing I did was start at the very first post of almost every thread and read them forward to the most recent post. Still had some questions but I PM'd most of them to specific people. I also agree we have a lot of dusty threads that have very few posts. It does clutter boards, this and other forums as well. I have no issue with searching this forum for info, I do it almost every day. I just thought it would also be neat to see all the P1's and so on together. But, it's all good, no harm, no foul. I respect all of the time and energy all of you put into this board.

I am off to start working on lifts for my feet. Cheers guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back