Studio Scaled Display Stand UK EVENT

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Its not very often I venture this deep into the forum as you guys are just far too talented for me :D

Some of you may now I head the Memorabilia event every year re the UK Prop Party !!! This year we are hoping to do something a bit special and that is have a larger area for studio scaled models, our first event was epic with your models stealing all the limelight ;)

Organising a prop party on this scale is pretty hard work so im handing over the reigns regarding Models to Ralphee and Phil (tk1908) both are talented builders and have done this event with me before so theu know what is involved.

Id like to make the area a little bit special this time round by adding some different elements that you may like to discuss, you can either run with it or totally ignore me :lol

think about your own Banner for the stand, or posters, perhaps your own T-shirt run
how to display your models, maybe add a few back drops like Space, Hangers or even snow
Dioramas how do you guys feel about those.

but most importantly it would be cool to see a list of what models you can bring.

my only request is that if you can make the event please try and sign up for both days

many thanks

Simon thanks for posting this here first off. Im really hoping we can go bigger this year, and having Phil on board is always awesome, he's a top blokey!
Models i can confirm from me are

Rogue Leader Snowspeeder
TESB pods
Probe Droid
TESB Chicken Walker
Gold Leader Y wing WIP, provisional as the model isn't with me at this time!

Im sure Phil will have the Falcon (blooming hope so, I've missed it) and his awesome TIE bomber, and Rogue Two Snowspeeder???

As for backdrops and banners etc etc, if they can be added sure, but i know i will have zero time to create such things sadly, but i do agree a scene would look great, and heck we have a lot of Hoth gear between us, and if i can get Mr Cowen to the event, well i need say no more as he has some amazing pieces!

Ill add, any of you guys that are in the UK, or can travel to the UK and are Studio Scale, please, get in touch, come along, and display some pieces, and have a damn good geek out, while supporting the UK division of the RPF!

lee

Simon thanks for posting this here first off. Im really hoping we can go bigger this year, and having Phil on board is always awesome, he's a top blokey!
Models i can confirm from me are

Rogue Leader Snowspeeder
TESB pods
Probe Droid
TESB Chicken Walker
Gold Leader Y wing WIP, provisional as the model isn't with me at this time!

Im sure Phil will have the Falcon (blooming hope so, I've missed it) and his awesome TIE bomber, and Rogue Two Snowspeeder???

As for backdrops and banners etc etc, if they can be added sure, but i know i will have zero time to create such things sadly, but i do agree a scene would look great, and heck we have a lot of Hoth gear between us, and if i can get Mr Cowen to the event, well i need say no more as he has some amazing pieces!

Ill add, any of you guys that are in the UK, or can travel to the UK and are Studio Scale, please, get in touch, come along, and display some pieces, and have a damn good geek out, while supporting the UK division of the RPF!

lee

Cheers Lee
il leave this in your capable hands then, it will be great to see you again as I thought we had lost for a while back then lol

a new member will be joining here soon, please look after him lol

He will be displaying with you guys at Memorabilia ........... the studio scaled section is going to Rock !!!!! the Battle Star Galactica Ship is nearly 5 feet in length

seriously though guys have a good think how best we could utilise the space to make a great display

1237072_296641003809036_371401442_n.jpg

Whoa, an SS Gal.......crikey, ive wanted to see one up close for years! Simon i guess we could do with a larger area than 2010, thats a no brainer, and maybe some way of creating tiers, just some different elevations maybe, podiums or something stackable? Ive been looking at some different mounting options for a couple of models, like booms and clamps, but struggling to find anything adequate, any ideas guys? Though about some Cymbal mounts and multi clamps, just not sure how much weight they would take?

lee

Whoa, an SS Gal.......crikey, ive wanted to see one up close for years! Simon i guess we could do with a larger area than 2010, thats a no brainer, and maybe some way of creating tiers, just some different elevations maybe, podiums or something stackable? Ive been looking at some different mounting options for a couple of models, like booms and clamps, but struggling to find anything adequate, any ideas guys? Though about some Cymbal mounts and multi clamps, just not sure how much weight they would take?

lee

Lee, its funny you should mention this, Phillip the guy who owns the SS Gal as found an a great way of using old Camera Tripods.

The wife also suggested getting a giant roll of cheap Black Material and setting the Models in such a way as to give the impression the Models are flying in space...............
Which ever way your right in the fact that you will need plenty of space ............. just for the SS Gal itself lol

the studio scaled section is going to look epic this year

Hello chaps, yeah as Lee said, I'll bring The Falcon, Orange Snowspeeder, Tie Bomber and I might bring the ATAT..

Cheers, Phil

Is this all part of the Comic con at NEC over the same period? I want to get some tickets online but make sure i go to the right place!

I estimate if everyone brings what they are suggesting we will have a 15 to 20 models on display whoop whoop that has to be an RPF record

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back