Studio Scale TOS Enterprise(11.25 feet)

I made it on to the "Grey Ghost" but I only saw two posts.. I might be missing something?? Will you still be posting updates here? I'm so waiting to see the working nacelle's... I have tons of questions for you about how much time and $ you have spent working on this fantastic work of art.

I made it on to the "Grey Ghost" but I only saw two posts.. I might be missing something?? Will you still be posting updates here? I'm so waiting to see the working nacelle's... I have tons of questions for you about how much time and $ you have spent working on this fantastic work of art.
That's all I have posted at the moment. I have several rough drafts I'm working on. Including other projects including a 66" TOS E, as well as Nomad I did years ago.

So please be patient, I only have so much time in the day.

If you have questions please ask away. That will only help my blog in the long run, and you guys will learn even more of this process.

That's all I have posted at the moment. I have several rough drafts I'm working on. Including other projects including a 66" TOS E, as well as Nomad I did years ago.

So please be patient, I only have so much time in the day.

If you have questions please ask away. That will only help my blog in the long run, and you guys will learn even more of this process.

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, I am just such a fan and love watching your progress, please I didn't mean any disrespect at all, I'm just a huge fan of what your doing, and being allowed to watch your process from start to the glorious finish.

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, I am just such a fan and love watching your progress, please I didn't mean any disrespect at all, I'm just a huge fan of what your doing, and being allowed to watch your process from start to the glorious finish.
I took no offense at all, as a friend pointed out to me, I'm very direct in my posts which comes across to others the wrong way.

Holy FRAK!!! :shock: I LIKE IT!

If I calculated right based on the posted dimensions of a "full size" ship, wouldn't the resulting model be about 1/96 scale? One could stick a Revell 1/96 Saturn V next to it to give a true appeciation of the size of the ship.

Holy FRAK!!! :shock: I LIKE IT!

If I calculated right based on the posted dimensions of a "full size" ship, wouldn't the resulting model be about 1/96 scale? One could stick a Revell 1/96 Saturn V next to it to give a true appeciation of the size of the ship.
I'm not using 1/96.
Using that number would result in a model 9.86'(118.38") in length.

Any progress?
Yes there is.

Here in Arizona summers can get quite hot, it does cut into the garage time(primer will dry before it hits the parts). So it does slow things down a bit. But I have been at work on my little E, I'm using it to test out Ideas for the big E.
This is one of them.
scaled.php

Here is one of the 66" bussards, I redesigned it to be more functional. Since it would be very difficult to recreate the original(I could, but without more reference it would be hit and miss, but would still look good).
scaled.php

The reality of electronics, nuthin but a bunch of wires. Organizing them was fun(sarcasm), with a lot of work(because I'm not very good with electronics, but I'm learning one fried led at a time:lol).
Here is the result-
YouTube - ‪LED demo 1‬‏
This was my early experiment, so it's not going to perfect(I'll dial it in when it's installed in the model, wait till you guys see what I'm going to do with that). I'm using a computer to control the leds. So I can do any sequence I like.
Here it is with the motor running, and my temporary spinners(I haven't finished the new ones). So you guys can see what this looks like.
YouTube - ‪LED demo 2‬‏

That's it for the time being, I will have a lot more to show.
Questions, comments?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back