Studio Scale TIE Fighter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ May 9 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]1240964[/snapback]</div>
Thanks guys. It was a honor to recieve that decoration. I sat down today and went through allot of pictures and thought I'd share this one with you all. Its my special paint job Hummer. It is studio scale related. Any one ever makes a movie about the Adventures of Falcon 7 Actual (me) they will need this great reference of my hummer.
145355366.jpg
She was a tuff Ol girl, and was a nasty B-I-T-C- you get the drift when she had a Maw Duece mounted (50 caliber machine gun) I promise you all that there was not a day went by that I didnt miss studio scale model making and kit part hunting while there. I think thats why I'm working so hard since Ive been back to do a better job. Still have a ways to go but I'm working on it.

Thanks Sean. You are a true patriot.

Steve
[/b]

Hey - we are going to need the other side of that hummer for reference too... ;)

Jedi Dade

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobbyfett @ May 10 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1241678[/snapback]</div>
Cool pic. I may have missed this elsewhere, but what is the difference between the "hero" kit and the "standard" kit?
[/b]
Standard is Maw Duece mounted, the other comes with CROWS installed. Oh, sorry, we're back on TIEs...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivanhotep @ May 9 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1241736[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobbyfett @ May 10 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1241678[/snapback]
Cool pic. I may have missed this elsewhere, but what is the difference between the "hero" kit and the "standard" kit?
[/b]
Standard is Maw Duece mounted, the other comes with CROWS installed. Oh, sorry, we're back on TIEs...
[/b][/quote]

:lol :rolleyes

Standard has a solid resin solar panels, Hero has actual Coolshade solar panels, and the added $$ to go with it..

Been awhile since I've heard anything on the Hero TIE wing star molds. How are the kits coming along?

With summer coming and people ramping up for vacations and being out of town, not to mention the difficulty in making a Hero kit (as Ryan said, "...so about a month for ME pouring by myself to get to 1 kits worth of stars."), it would be VERY helpful to have some idea of who is in line for a Hero kit and our position on the list.

If I'm 3rd, then I know I've got about 3 months...? Maybe half that if Steve is pouring these, as well?

Just looking for an update. Pics optional - but, would be cool.

1. ????
2. ????
3. ????
4. ????
5. ????

<div class='quotetop'>(belleauwood @ Apr 20 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]1229846[/snapback]</div>
Yes, we are still working on other projects, but I can tell you I have not CAST a single one of these, they were all sent out of house.
As for the rest, yeah, been working on those like a mother . . .

The Hero Tie wings are a TRUE PITA, and it takes 4 good pulls to make a kit. So far, its averaging 2-3 bad, we wouldn't send out pulls, for each good one . . . and each takes about an hour and a half. Pretty much a full day for 1 good star, so about a month for ME pouring by myself to get to 1 kits worth of stars. But, Steves pouring these too, usually tries a couple during the week with about the same results, so they are getting done, slowly but surely.

[/b]

I stole this pic of the ICONS TIE from an old post of Beaz'. The part I circled,
TIEpart.jpg

is not on Steve's kit. Extremely minor thing, and this is not a complaint. But seeing as the part might be lurking in one of my kits, I thought I might see if anyone knows what it is. Looks perhaps like an armor ladder rung or handrail.

Ideas, anyone?

(yes I could probably make it with wire. ;) )

damn... Eagle eye... it was one of my tells. Thanks. :) I think its a handle from the Hetzer but have to go back and check. i will email you the kit when i find it.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Oct 30 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]1347927[/snapback]</div>
I stole this pic of the ICONS TIE from an old post of Beaz'. The part I circled,
TIEpart.jpg

is not on Steve's kit. Extremely minor thing, and this is not a complaint. But seeing as the part might be lurking in one of my kits, I thought I might see if anyone knows what it is. Looks perhaps like an armor ladder rung or handrail.

Ideas, anyone?

(yes I could probably make it with wire. ;) )
[/b]

Just received my kit, after a pretty long wait, I was very excited to receive my Studio Scale Tie and his free pilot that Steve gave me for the wait,

It's an impressive piece and it worth the price, and the wait ;-)

Great work mate .

Cedric

Post #228, Steve - what gives?.?.

Email from October 27th, 2006:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 10:03 AM
To: Steve Neisen
Subject: Package

Heya Steve,
Just wondering about the Hero TIE wings and the decals for the
Thunderfighter. Saw Imaginager's posts on the RPF and got all excited to
build my TIE :p

Hope all is well.
Thanks, Jason
_____

His reply:

I'll get them this week...

Steve

_____
_____

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:13 PM
To: Steve Neisen
Subject: Re: WTF

Lol.

It's good you're able to make the wings though, since that means mine are
coming that much sooner, eh?

Did you fix the mold problems you were having?

J

Oh, so now you threaten me? After two years of broken promises? Great customer service, Steve.

Allan got HERO wings. He used Kool Shade - right? You got some hybrid wings that you sent Allan?

PROOF:

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=119073&st=60

He and I have talked. A lot of people have talked to me about this. I'm not crazy. In fact, I've been more than patient. I've been an enabler - letting you slide on promises. So what incentive did you have to send my wings? None - you knew I'd keep "taking it". My mistake for being nice.

So tell me Steve, what should I do to get my stuff sooner?. Because TWO YEARS of being easy going sure as heck hasn't gotten me anywhere.

I'm telling the truth because I am fed up and I want what you have repeatedly promised me. You denying any of this?

You want more emails to jog your memory?

You still have two sets of hero wings "laying around"?

The only leverage I have is my "story" which impacts your reputation. Apologies for playing htis "last card" - but can anyone blame me?

I'm on a conference call. I will be off in about two hours.

We can talk all you want, when I'm off.

But when should I expect the hero wings? The ones you claim to have?

Does any one find this funny?

You have time to stage a ransom photo for an item you've promised a customer, for an inordinate amount of time?

Is this what's holding my wings up? Jokes using funny fonts and current newspapers?

The mind boggles.

The picture is a mear response to your accusing of me not having the wings as promised. I do have the sets but they are not up the standards that I would like to send you. The picture, Thought of trying a little humor here but I guess Not.

I'll send you the wings Jason.. sorry to get you all riled like this.. damn just when I thought i was taking care of all the past due stuff you snap, desearved maybe but never is nice to see your name up in the bad lights like this.. especially all this is after a thank you thread...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back