Studio Scale Shuttle Tyderium build thread/build quide

Im curious to know how you did the blue lights !

I used black sign vinyl with the design cut out. Put it on a blue transparent plastic backed with tracing paper (for a diffuser) and lit with a blue LED. I've been meaning to get with Mike on this and send him a bunch to include with his sets. The vinyl cut outs that is not the blue plastic or LEDs the builder can get that stuff. I tried printing it on an ink jet transparency, but even the black part lit up and didn't look right. It's hard to tell in the photos but there is a short hallway behind the cockpit door. At the end of that hallway is second door that is closed and it is flanked by the two blue panels. That is why you see only one panel in each photo as the angle changes the second panel is obscured. One the movie set piece you can see both panels at the same time. Due to the low wide angle they look as if they are on the back wall of the cockpit, but they are actually at the back of the hallway.

PDVD_009.JPG
PDVD_005.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back