Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing, it´s a pleasure to watch and also great reference! I´ve never seen any good reference pictures of the tail plate and this solves many mysteries for me. :)

Thank you for your kind words guys ! :)

I've built the master of the front plate :

atatbody33.jpg

Then I removed all the inner ribs and structures inside the shell. It was a tough job.

atatbody34.jpg

I built a quick and dirty mockup of the chassis (the black parts on both side of the chassis are glued on the mockup but will be glued to the inside of the hull on the final models, those parts will lock the chassis in place inside the body shell and the detail plates will be glued on them).

atatbody35.jpg

In place :

atatbody36.jpg

atatbody37.jpg

atatbody38.jpg

Still a lot of job to do and another Chieftain to buy, but I'm pretty happy with the result so far !

Thanks for looking ! :)

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the BEST AT-AT EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julien, your pm inbox was full so I pm'ed you over at StudioScaleModelers. Please take a look at it at your convenience. Thanks, bro!

Joe

Stunning as always Julien, really love the look of the chassis on this prop, undercut and so functional, looking forward to this build.

lee

Nice the way everything is coming together with the real kit parts. When done its going to be better than the archives.

Isel

How the hell do you build this fast, boy..... it's not fair!!! ;-)

Looking awesome, mate ... a true piece of art (as always from your hands) .. and a must-buy kit!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back