Studio Scale Falcon and Y Wing from MR

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by Mogwai2112, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Mogwai2112

Mogwai2112 Active Member

I don't know if this has been posted as of yet. Master Replicas is doing a studio scaled Falcon signed by the man himself Harrison Ford. A SC Y wing is also planned for 2006. Here is the link

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31641

There goes my 401k plan...LOL

I wonder what the falcon will sell for?

Chris

2. Jestefarean

Jestefarean Sr Member

fracking cool.....

3. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

I don't see where it says SS Y-wing.

Lynn

4. cking

cking Sr Member

Lynn,
    It doesn't say it in that link, but one of the forums has posted a photo of the 2006 product catalog teaser from MR and it shows a photo of the Y-Wing and Falcon as well as the headpiece to the staff or Ra from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Chris

5. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

Aahh.
    Thanks Chris..
    I'll bet both of those will be big $$$.
    Lynn

6. Wei

Wei New Member

Here is the picture.

[​IMG]

7. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

So we're also seeing a Fett rifle and Indy medallion.

8. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Can you identify what is in that top right picture? The collage?

:D

9. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Looks like a Fett rifle to me.

Steve

10. bobbyfett

bobbyfett Active Member

Is this what happened to that SS Y-wing kit that was in the works a while back and then just disappeared?

11. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

I could be mistaken, but the piece below and to the right of the "R" in MR looks like the MIB J2 pistol from the first movie. Oh man, that would be freakin sweet. :)

Sean

12. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

Well, I think to the left of the "M" there is a Phaser and under that "M" I think it is a Pred Mask. But I could be wrong.

Were there any news about the Indy line?

13. cobywan

cobywan Sr Member

Yes it is. It was a major dissapointment to be told this wasn't going to be a kit anymore. I really don't care to pay the money for a finnished product when I could have had a kit version. At least we know the product will be nice.

Oh well.

14. jvasilatos

jvasilatos Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dear God. A studio scale Falcon? That will have to cost more than the AT AT, probably at least twice the amount. It's the only Studio Scale model I would buy since the rest are easier to build from the various resin kits out.

JV

15. Clerval

Clerval Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Are folks sure that it won't be 3/4 Studio Scale...? :-/

16. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

17. szarchie

szarchie New Member

I spoke with someone at the MR booth at the con and they are doing a 32 inch Falcon. I asked for a ball park price. They are going to try hard to get Harrison Ford to sign it. If he does the guy thought the signature edition would run about $2800-$3000. If they can't get him to do do the signing he thought it would go for around $2000-$2200. Personally I could'nt care less about the signature, especially if it costs me $600-$800 extra.
    Anyway, is it just me or does that seem like a reasonable price for a 32 inch Falcon. Considering they are selling the AT-AT for $1200-$1400 (depending on edition). The Falcon is more complicated by far. I not saying that its cheap by any means but it is not as bad as I had expected. Of course the guy was estimating the price so that could change drastically.

Cheers

Archie

18. Lello999

Hi there

From the MR Blog

"While we're very pleased to be announcing the next ship in line for our Studio Scale series, the Millenium Falcon, some websites have reported that this will be a "Signature Edition" model. While we'd love for this to be true, at the current time, there are no such plans - but stay tuned to the blog for more information as it becomes available."

Well, if it was signed by HF I would have thought about buying that one but without the signature... but stop, 32"... I think I do not have the room for such a piece.

Domenik

19. moffeaton

From what I've heard in the forums and from what SDCC people have said, they are probably trying to get HF to sign some. So I'm sure from an official standpoint they can't say they ARE getting a sig edition, but think about it - this would be the crown jewel of SS models... I bet we'll see a sig edition. That would rock. Ford doesn't usually sign anything, right?

And considering the amount of money it takes to get stuff made, I think a $2,000 to $2,500 price point would be realistic. I wish it was only $50 though ;)

They can't really do a "V.2", so I assume the number of the edition would be around the same as the AT-AT, or maybe 500 more, and then that's it. And it is the full 32" studio scale size - it's been touched on before, and everyone knows that the Falcon is the holy grail - you CAN'T make it smaller...

I'm really looking forward to the paint job... it's HUGE and complex :-D

20. Gary Weaver II

Gary Weaver II Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dude, there is a klingon battle cruiser (tos) in that upper right pic.

* you MR. Don't make studio scale trek ships.... I'm already hurting from thoughts of that Falcon...

-Gary

21. Jestefarean

Jestefarean Sr Member

Man...I am not in a disposable income bracket to afford a $2000 display piece..but some how I have to find a way....

22. xeno

xeno Well-Known Member

maybe this will make it better to see :D

Xeno

[​IMG]

23. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I will get the MR Falcon for sure signature or no signature--that has been my holy grail for years...

24. Lello999

Hmm, I won´t get one as I have been fallen in love with the lifesize Endoskeleton and therefore do not have the room as well as the money ;)

25. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They are indeed doing a falcon.

The real question is...will they have it completely scratch built in China as most of the ATAT was....

Or

Use the actual kit parts for the masters.

Either way you should see it in June if it stays on Schedule.

;-)

26. moffeaton

Heya Frank.

Actually, MR collected a LOT of the original model kit parts for the AT-AT. I know because Steve showed them to me, and I have the pics. They used their digital scan for the body/head/legs and the kit parts for detailing. The few parts that they couldn't find were scratchbuilt as they had to stay on schedule.

I also know they scanned the ESB Falcon, so they already have a huge, super-detailed file. Saw that happen with my own two eyes :D ... it will BE the Falcon.

At the moment, they are still considering the different options on how to produce the model so that it will be sturdy, detail-packed, reasonably priced, yadda yadda; but I am sure, whatever they decide to do, it will be great. It WILL be miiine...

Oooh, and we should leave the delivery schedule announcements up to MR... people might get confused if everyone starts hearing "June" from message boards, and start thinking it's official info. I get yelled at when I let something slip.

Rock on, Jason

27. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

They may have had "a LOT" of the parts there, but they did not use them for the model.

Tim

28. moffeaton

Well, we've done THAT thread to death already, so let's keep this Falcon-centric.

29. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

Agreed. Although I did find Tims observations on the differences really interesting - it has been beaten to death - Lets hope the Falcon is even better.

Jedi Dade

30. moffeaton

I'm optimistic.
    The Snowspeeder seemed to be met with little to no complaint (apart from the few who wanted it a full 1:1 studio scale), so each product gets a little better, eh?

:-D

31. Jestefarean

Jestefarean Sr Member

I was always suprised the Speeder wasn't a bigger hit. Based on Ebay, it doesn't seem to have done that well. (though who knows how well it needed to do based on MR's success) The Falcon, well thats another story...I would suspect that would be a huge hit. The YWing? Well...I would guess that would do about as well as the ATAT. I think it's more popular then the SnowSpeeder...but was never piloted by one of the main heros, so is more obscure. I would guess the YWings going to be pretty expensive too (close to the ATAT in cost) which may hurt it's success. I hope it has a pilot...as thats my main gripe with the Snowspeeder. My other gripe with the speeder is it isn't 1:1. ;)

32. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't wait for the Falcon, whether or not I can afford it when it is available is another story. :)

33. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

I hear you ... off to the blood bank :p

Jedi Dade

34. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

imo, the reason the speeder did not do that well is that it is not studio scale.
    It looks great, but it just is too small.

Tim

35. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

I don't know where this myth developed that the MR snowspeeder hasn't sold very well. It sold through its first production run of 1000 units faster than expected given its release came so quickly on the heels of the more expensive AT-AT LE.

Folks really need to stop concluding that these pieces are less than successful if they don't pre-sell out in advance. The idea surely, is that they be available for people to buy as they learn about them, and believe it or not most people out there are still discovering MR.

I think the response to the Studio Scale (or fraction thereof :) ) series has shown that there is a healthy market out there if you do it right. Of course this forum is testimony to the interest in these very models :)

I know I'm looking forward to the Millennium Falcon.

Barry

36. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I only hope that the Falcon will not be too limited. There are many more people who wants this then the models before.
    It would be very disapointing to see it sell out in the first 3 hours because of a too small limitation...

37. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

“Actually, MR collected a LOT of the original model kit parts for the AT-AT. I know because Steve showed them to me, and I have the pics. They used their digital scan for the body/head/legs and the kit parts for detailing. The few parts that they couldn't find were scratchbuilt as they had to stay on schedule.”

Moff,
    Yeah ok...but I was talking about the falcon not sure how the ATAT got into this discussion, but ok. Yes..thats all very true but old news. ATAT Looks great by the way. I got one.

“I also know they scanned the ESB Falcon, so they already have a huge, super-detailed file. Saw that happen with my own two eyes ... it will BE the Falcon.”

Yeah, thats whats gonna let them scratch build it. REALLY Good picture reference. But there is still interest in the real parts as per 3 meetings with MR reps over last couple of weeks discussing the very topic.

Real parts or not, its gonna look great. It will just look better with the ACTUAL kit parts. Any rocket scientist can guess that would be true.

“At the moment, they are still considering the different options on how to produce the model so that it will be sturdy, detail-packed, reasonably priced, yadda yadda; but I am sure, whatever they decide to do, it will be great. It WILL be miiine...”

Yes they told me the very same thing.

“Oooh, and we should leave the delivery schedule announcements up to MR... people might get confused if everyone starts hearing "June" from message boards, and start thinking it's official info. I get yelled at when I let something slip.”

I think people are smart enough to know whatÂ’s rumor and whatÂ’s official. If someone from MR is unhappy with a rumor Im sure they will post here or tell me in person.

Hey Did ya build your VIPER yet? How is it coming?
    Post some pics on the OTHER thread. ;-)

“They may have had "a LOT" of the parts there, but they did not use them for the model.”

Tim. they did. Saw all the reference and files first hand. Hey..its a reproduction. Things Shrink. It happens.
    What they didnt find was scratch built by some very talented fold over seas.

2 to 3 percent Shrinkage each generation of castings is NOT uncommon.
    Molds are made..and gang molds are made for production. It takes a few generations of molds to mass produce a kit or display. You can imagine 2 to 3 % times the number of molds made adds up. But its Such a SMALL amount, does it detract from the peice? I don't think so and Im sure most folks would agree.

Hey,...if anyone wants to argue over millimeters though....Im game.

I dont think any of the STAR WARS Models have done poorly. In fact, they seem to be doing rather well and Im sure the MF will be the Crowning achievement and will no doubt sell out.

Good to remember... Most of the buyers...are NOT members of this board nor are they STUDIO SCALE MODEL BUILDERS so whatever and however it comes out its gonna look like the Millineum Falcon and its gonna do extremely well.

Frank Cerney

38. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I hope in comparing the reference to the actual model they are able to spot and correct for any pieces that have fallen off over the years, if any. I know the 4 footer has lost a few in its travels.

39. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ahhh...Falcon...Unbelievable. :confused

Wonder how it will be displayed?

40. xmart

xmart Well-Known Member

Will this be same size as the Studio Falcon shown at Celebration 3..LucasArchives room? :confused

41. stonky

stonky Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm surprised that they'd do a Y wing and not an X wing. Perhaps they think that the maket has already been saturated by the Icons and the CC? I think that the X wing would be a monster hit.

42. barbatus

barbatus Well-Known Member

Any news about the Y-Wing and especially the Falcon? I know it´s still a long time till the release, but I´m already having a bad headache thinking about what the Falcon will cost and if I will be able to afford it :unsure

43. nightrider

nightrider Sr Member

Please, more info on the falcon, the suspense is killing me. :cry The repeated searches for info or gossip are becoming compulsive, the family is starting to get worried so please help. :p

44. ywingfighter

ywingfighter Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of the MR Y-Wing. More you can see under rebelscum.com

45. ywingfighter

Here some more pictures.

46. ywingfighter

more pictures

47. CaptCBoard

CaptCBoard Well-Known Member

I sure hope that is not indicative of a finished paint job.

Scott

48. 1138

1138 Well-Known Member

Scott, I'd second that. I think this was a quick paint job to get it ready for the toy fair. IMO the stripes/markings look great, it's the weathering that needs a little more attention. Can't wait to see the final version.

Dan

49. SSRN Seaview

SSRN Seaview Well-Known Member

What... another studio scale replica without a pilot figure?? Come on MR, ICONS offered them.

50. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

You guys realize it's not an ILM Y-wing don't you?