Studio Scale Defiant (DS9)

Next to the Refit the Defiant is my favorite ST ship and your model is gorgeous! Keep up the great work and I hope you can update us on this project soon.

Thanks.

This is kind of cool. This is the first model I'm going to build from the inside out. By cutting this large panel out, like they did on the studio model, I can glue and putty the two halves of the main body while there's nothing in it, then install armature, lighting etc. through the opening.

ss_def_74.jpg

There's more than enough room to reach anywhere in the ship through the opening.
ss_def_75.jpg

I didn't see whether it's been asked before but are you keeping records of every bashed part you've tracked down... and will you be sharing? ;) Beautiful work, of course - I saw the thread way back when over at the SFM. I love the Defiant, and would love to make a high-detail 3D model, with all the parts as accurate as possible.

In fact, I'd love to execute such a gorgeous model as this, but I know I haven't the space to do it now. In 3D, I have all the space I can imagine. :D

I didn't see whether it's been asked before but are you keeping records of every bashed part you've tracked down... and will you be sharing? ;) Beautiful work, of course - I saw the thread way back when over at the SFM. I love the Defiant, and would love to make a high-detail 3D model, with all the parts as accurate as possible.

Thanks to Doug Drexler I just ID'd the last kits yesterday. As for sharing for an accurate 3D model, I would be happy to.

As soon as the new kits come in the kit will be finished, about another week.

ss_def_76.jpg

Wow Rich!! Another stunningly clean and beautiful build going on!! Nice job, and great pics!!

Love how nice your parts always look when you primer them, but these raw casts are just amazing by themselves!!

Thanks for sharing!

-Sean

Rich,
That's looking amazing!! As you mentioned in the BS thread, that's hilarious with all the railgun and flak parts!! I had no idea until you mentioned that!! I knew about some on the K'Tinga, but it's just awesome to see them here on the Defiant!!

And yeah, echo the gorgeous castings comments!

-Sean

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back