Studio Scale Defiant (DS9)

Thanks,

Here's the paint progress.

ss_def_100.jpg

Sorry Rell if I'm going a bit off topic.

But why Paramount do not take the másters or the molds, to create special editions of the studio models ?

2 days ago I was watching a TV program called Hollywood Treasures, about props, clothes, sets... everything related to famous and classic movies. They went to a company that produced the lost Enterprise model, planned to Star Trek Phase 2 and not fully finished. They still had the masters and even the molds.

Last edited:
That's not how the movie industry works, everything is built quick and dirty and any masters are thrown away to make room for new models for the next episode. Rel has recreated the Defiant for his master model pretty much the way the original model was created, no molds were made of the finished Defiant model, no reason to, they only needed one for filming. The truth is Rel's Defiant is way more finished and refined and better built than the original model.

You have inspired me to move my butt and get a build into paint buddy, this is just beautiful, cant stress enough how good those colours look.

lee

Someone once posted several pistures of the large studio model of Enterprise-E, made for First Contact. it have a phaser banks with a defect., some melted strip in a small phaser bank, from the right side, disk section, upper portion, rear portion of the disk.

That's not how the movie industry works, everything is built quick and dirty and any masters are thrown away to make room for new models for the next episode. Rel has recreated the Defiant for his master model pretty much the way the original model was created, no molds were made of the finished Defiant model, no reason to, they only needed one for filming. The truth is Rel's Defiant is way more finished and refined and better built than the original model.

Absolutely STUNNING Rich!!! :cheers

You have nailed this model in every way!!! Congratulations on an amazing replica, paint job, details and just capturing the essence of the filming miniature. Can't wait to see the whole thing lit up. Blown away.
-Sean

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back