Strontium Dog - Johnny Alpha and Wulf Sternhammer.

Sterlacchini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Strontium Dog is a story by the creators of Judge Dredd, John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra. It follows the main character, Johnny Alpha, a mutated bounty hunter and his 'normal' side kick Wulf Sternhammer, a Viking from earth's past.

I'm part of a team making a fan film and we've been lucky enough to have input on our work from Carlos and also the DREDD film concept artist Jock.

Anyway enough about that, here are a few photos of the costumes, sorry about all the promo junk on the photos. The costumes are a combination of bespoke digital models which have been 3D printed and then cast in stronger materials, bespoke pigskin leathers and stuff sourced off of the peg (mainly on Wulf's costume).

JOHNNY ALPHA.jpg

WULF.jpg

Costume Credits:
Digital modelling - Steve Green
Additional digital modelling, prop fabrication and costume build - Dan at Planet Replicas Ltd
Johnny Alpha Undersuit - Victoria Wilder (Ultimate Leather)

Some legal stuff, we have to put with our images.
Based on the work of Carlos Ezquerra, John Wagner and Alan Grant.
STRONTIUM DOG TM REBELLION A/S, ©REBELLION A/S, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
This project is a NOT FOR PROFIT fan film based on the 2000 AD story, Strontium Dog.
The makers of this film have no association with Rebellion or 2000 AD.

I'll try to dig up some refs as a comparison.

Anyway the fun bit is done, now the hard work of making the film.

Last edited:
Found some refs, but please bear in mind that Johnny and Wulf don't have a uniform as such and change their clothes and gear, from story to story.

stronty_front_final.jpgstront3.jpgstrontium_dog_early_cases.jpg

We had a lovely comment from Carlos "They look like coming out from the comic, fantastic!"

O.M.EFFIN.G!

When is this out, wanna see it bad!

Will Gronk feature in it?

<edit> Good casting by the way, they both sertainly look the part :thumbsup

Last edited:
Thank you Canobi.

It will be the end of the year before it's finished, we have started filming last month.

Unfortunately the only Gronk appearance will be the one Wulf is wearing :)

Loved the Judge Minty film. A big part of my childhood was given over to 2000AD. When they killed off Wulf Sternhammer I was utterly gobsmacked. No one had ever done anything like that in my experience before - he was a good guy! How could they let him die? It was an awesome story, and Ezquerra's art will always be the archetypal one for me. Really looking forward to the movie - thanks in advance for your hard work!

Good to hear that there is some love for Johnny and Wulf :)

A few more images grab from footage.

JOHNNY.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 17.10.08.jpg

Strontium Dog Fan Film 1.jpg
Strontium Dog Fan Film 2.jpg

There will also be small cameos by Durham Red and Middenface McNulty.

Last edited:
Thank you.

We've just had this commission by Carlos Ezquerra himself. I asked if he could create a version of Johnny and Wulf, based on our adaptation of his work and using our lead actors.

Very cool.

19808018146_1c7d01ec84_o.jpg

Quick snap shot from a day of filming. Costumes without filters or VFX.

Also Durham Red makes a cameo. The others shown are background characters who will have digital prosthetics.

20058247911_8e2d39e99d_b.jpg

Last edited:
A quick close up of Johnny Alpha's Westinghouse blaster.

This is one of the stunt rubber prototypes produced by Planet Replicas. After we'd finished using it for filming they posted it off to Carlos Ezquerra (pictured), who'd expressed an interest in it.

Thanks to Carlos for posting the picture.

22086830136_1ac57e9f9f_z.jpg

Thank you. This is the last self funded, non profit project for me I'm afraid. :)

One more picture for the pot.

Adam Leishman as Middenface McNulty
Prosthetic Make Up by Ben Mars

23751335236_04b60418fc_c.jpg

Attachments

• 23751335236_04b60418fc_c.jpg
    23751335236_04b60418fc_c.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 66
These look awesome guys. Really glad to see some love for the SDs.

I pepped a J.Alpha helm a short while ago, but it came out too small, so I need to find the time to reprint and cut/glue everything again.

Last edited:
Gotta say how good the cast selection is, everyone looks a great fit for their part. Sorry to hear this is your last fan venture but a line has to be drawn somewhere I guess. I hope it leads to greater things for you, I've thoroughly enjoyed all your work :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back