Stranger Things (Netflix)

Still curious why Vecna waited 7 years before doing anything? Maybe it took him that long to figure out how to reach out... because otherwise youd think hed notice all the times people were coming into his dimension the last few years.
Maybe he was waiting for her powers to increase allowing him to enter the Right side up?

Still curious why Vecna waited 7 years before doing anything? Maybe it took him that long to figure out how to reach out... because otherwise youd think hed notice all the times people were coming into his dimension the last few years.
I assume that will be explained. But I get the feeling he has been involved as soon as El opened the gate in s1. I think the demogorgon, the Mind Flayer, demodogs, etc were all weapons he was using to try to kill El, but since they all failed he finally decided to take matters into his own hands. Now he's opening more portals to make his connection to our dimension stronger so he's more difficult to defeat. If that's the case, Dustin's theory about him being the Mind Flayer's 5-star general is wrong. It makes more sense to me that Vecna would be the man behind it all since he has personal motives and is a better vessel for communicating that to audiences than a giant smoke monster thing.

However, the Upside Down likely existed long before Vecna arrived there, so maybe he is just a pawn of the Mind Flayer?

That makes a lot of sense!

And also just reminded me of probably the worst fx shot in the show.... when 001 turns into Vecna, it looks like a completely CG person and just looks really awful. Surprising considering how good everything else is.

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 4.29.44 PM.png

That makes a lot of sense!

And also just reminded me of probably the worst fx shot in the show.... when 001 turns into Vecna, it looks like a completely CG person and just looks really awful. Surprising considering how good everything else is.

Ha! That was literally the only time this entire season where I thought "oof" about the VFX. Everything else is so well done but that whole sequence was yikes

The bigger question is how Venca ties into the Mind Flayer. Is the MF a separate entity from Venca, or could it be possible the MF is Venca as well?

The bigger question is how Venca ties into the Mind Flayer. Is the MF a separate entity from Venca, or could it be possible the MF is Venca as well?
Well we know that everything in the Upside Down is a part of a hive mind, so I'm assuming everything including the Mind Flayer is a part of Vecna. Or everything is a part of the Mind Flayer. Either way, they're all connected somehow.

I'm also trying to figure out the significance of the fact that everything in the upside down is stuck in 1983. Time stopped. Wonder if that will play into something in the end where theyre able to go back and undo everything??

I assume that will be explained. But I get the feeling he has been involved as soon as El opened the gate in s1. I think the demogorgon, the Mind Flayer, demodogs, etc were all weapons he was using to try to kill El, but since they all failed he finally decided to take matters into his own hands. Now he's opening more portals to make his connection to our dimension stronger so he's more difficult to defeat. If that's the case, Dustin's theory about him being the Mind Flayer's 5-star general is wrong. It makes more sense to me that Vecna would be the man behind it all since he has personal motives and is a better vessel for communicating that to audiences than a giant smoke monster thing.

However, the Upside Down likely existed long before Vecna arrived there, so maybe he is just a pawn of the Mind Flayer?

I’m 100% there with you on Vecna not being the Mind Flayer’s general. I fully believe he is the actual “big bad” of this series, and we are going to see that it’s been him pulling the strings all along.

Time works in a different way in the upside-down it seems.
When the Hell fire club venture into it they were in the past..
A little bit of me is wondering if its linked to when they All first experienced the USD so maybe for Vecner it's another time zone.. Maybe it's a malstrom of zones all swirling but connected?

Also a theory of mine is..
Vecner has been waiting for El to save him, after all he certainly seemed good at the start and he only punished those who were hurting El in the first place. He is also a victim of what others have done to him by his captors..
That doesn't exonerated him from the recent deaths of course, assuming he's not himself trapped in a scoobie Doo way inside that form and El breaks him out pulling him out of the goo...

It's an 80s inspired show full of cunning tropes after all..

We are still getting one more Season, so, if Vecna is the real big bad, then I don't think we will see him defeated this Season, but if he is just an aspect of the Mind Flayer, or in his Thrall, he could be defeated in Part II and still that would still leave the Mind Flayer as the final antagonist for the final season who has been built up this entire time.

We are still getting one more Season, so, if Vecna is the real big bad, then I don't think we will see him defeated this Season, but if he is just an aspect of the Mind Flayer, or in his Thrall, he could be defeated in Part II and still that would still leave the Mind Flayer as the final antagonist for the final season who has been built up this entire time.
In great 80s style...

It was All a Dream!

91ce1e534dcfeacda841e77c5aa0ceb0.gif

Someone over at TVTropes’s WMG for the show suggested that the entire show is actually a D&D campaign that the group is playing, and it was based on their childhood. Which would be sort of similar to the St. Elsewhere’s ending. Not sure how I’d feel about that.
The first series certainly played with that scenario.. Didn't they directly call All the demons the names from their D&D campaign, it featured more heavily in the first season that's for sure..

I do hope it's not a Dream though as many a 80s film was spoiled that way even back in the 40s the speculation of Dorothy being a troubled unstable teen takes the shine off TWOO..

I’m in the camp that believes the Mind Flayer is the end all be all. Vecna is a dark reflection of Eleven, her match in the Upside Down. I think that he was a convenient and useful tool that the MF is using to bridge the two worlds. MF screams ancient eldritch horror, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a fleshy version of him finally punches through and makes it to Hawkins in full form for season 5.

As far as the Upside Down being stuck in the past I do wonder if there will be a time loop/fix and come at the cost of Eleven’s life.

I’m in the camp that believes the Mind Flayer is the end all be all. Vecna is a dark reflection of Eleven, her match in the Upside Down. I think that he was a convenient and useful tool that the MF is using to bridge the two worlds. MF screams ancient eldritch horror, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a fleshy version of him finally punches through and makes it to Hawkins in full form for season 5.

As far as the Upside Down being stuck in the past I do wonder if there will be a time loop/fix and come at the cost of Eleven’s life.
I hope not.. Dark did it last year.. Still not got over it lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back