Stormtrooper Trinity

Kenobi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been collecting trooper lids for a number of years now and have heavily reduced my collection. Now I currently own 3 stunt/background lids which I could never let go, the new helmet from RS Props, the GINO V2 and the FG SFS:

Firstly the new RS Props lid which has stunning detail:

RS1001copy.jpg

And all three together:

a1-1.jpg

GINOa002.jpg

SFSa003.jpg

RSb007-1.jpg

GINOb005.jpg
a2-2.jpg

STUNT008.jpg

Notice how the eye sockets on the SFS fiberglass are deeper than the others. It gives it a more realistic look to me! Almost all of the ABS/Styrene etc helmets have shallow eye sockets. If you could build up the eyesockets for more depth on those style helmets I think they would look just that much better!!??

Nice collection!!!!!!!!!!!

CM

Interesting to see the FG helmet. We do have a full helmet silicone mould we made to 'snap shot' the original helmet before any work was undertaken.

I thought I'd gotten rather bored of looking at stormtrooper helmets but the RS Props lid has really excited my passion again.
Great collection of lids. The new efx hero might finish that off nicely.

Notice how the eye sockets on the SFS fiberglass are deeper than the others. It gives it a more realistic look to me! Almost all of the ABS/Styrene etc helmets have shallow eye sockets. If you could build up the eyesockets for more depth on those style helmets I think they would look just that much better!!??

The SFS helmet sockets are deeper due to the way it was laser scanned. It may look cooler but it is not as screen accurate as the RSProps or the Gino.

All 3 look fantastic Scott you should be proud of your collection :thumbsup

You might have just inspired me to get my TE SFS painted up.

Cheers Chris

The SFS helmet sockets are deeper due to the way it was laser scanned. It may look cooler but it is not as screen accurate as the RSProps or the Gino.

All 3 look fantastic Scott you should be proud of your collection :thumbsup

You might have just inspired me to get my TE SFS painted up.

Cheers Chris

Cheers All :thumbsup Just lucky to have been able to obtain them!

Yes Chris you should get your SFS painted up, I don't know who did mine but the brow trim is perfect!!! I will re-do the tube stripes however when I get time as they are currently decals.

I always assumed it was because the styrene/abs was so thin that it was hard to get a pull with that type of depth or maybe because it was trimmed that way...??
I thought of adding some depth to a few of my abs and styrene helmets. Would bondo or fiberglass work with the abs/styrene or would it burn through it??

CM

I always assumed it was because the styrene/abs was so thin that it was hard to get a pull with that type of depth or maybe because it was trimmed that way...??
I thought of adding some depth to a few of my abs and styrene helmets. Would bondo or fiberglass work with the abs/styrene or would it burn through it??

CM

Great helmets I want one of each !

bondo in small amounts will be fin if you placed in all over the helmet it could damage when it heats up to dry but for what you are talking about it will be no problem

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back