Stormtrooper Oddities

It's the same belt.

There is a hi-res BTS photo of a hero trooper wearing the same belt with the oddly attached holster and you can see the white tape around the drop boxes which can still be seen on SiMans belt if you look closely.

I'm currently putting together a set of TK armor, and in all of my research (love this thread, btw!) I've been surprised that it's referred to as 'armor' or a 'costume'. The only mention of the suit in the films that I can remember is right after the 'too short for a stormtrooper' line, when Luke says, "What? Oh, the UNIFORM." So, why don't we all call 'em stormtrooper UNIFORMS??

It's the Empire. What do you expect? The same people who make TIE fighters with no life support or shield generators. :lol

This thread is very interesting and is a great read,some of you got some good eyes :) Looking foreword to coming back to this thread and reading more.

This pic is too cool not to post.

troopx2.jpg

Great pic.

The trooper wearing the Hero helmet looks to have the left knee plate / shin that was shown in TE's photos in the archives. It is in worse condition nowadays but it is snapped at the same point on the top and it has a web between the two middle studs the same as the archives knee.

Chris

Actually the belt on the trooper with the Hero lid might also very well be Siman's trooper belt - there are no rivet covers and there is tape on the right belt box in the same place.

Chris

Man Clutch, that pic really highlights how soul-less and bland the CGI clones were. Really wish they had just made some damned armor for them. At least the ones in close up.

I just went through this thread again to double check, but I don't think anyone has mentioned a particular stormtrooper with bit of a dental problem.

Anyone else noticed the missing tooth?

You can see him again below in the second row on the left.

Same helmet on the left below as well.

Wow! Good eye, man!
I can't believe that people are still discovering 'new find' instances of Stormtrooper costuming mishaps from movies that I have seen hundreds of times!

This thread is almost 7 years old now, and has been viewed 80,000 times.... so we're bound to have unearthed most of the 'Stormtrooper Oddities', right?!
I hope not... keep 'em coming folks! I'm off to watch ANH on bluray... one frame at a time! :lol

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back