Stormtrooper Oddities

What the heck does the guy on the right have tucked into his codpiece?

stripe.jpg

Hey now, that strap seems to match what is seen on the armour that Han and Luke are taking off after being in the trash compactor...I hope someone can post the pic I'm talking about.

Take a look at the guy in the background,note his ab plate detail is upside down and the front guy on the left has white gaffer tape between the ab and kidney plates.
ESB_troopers.jpg

Here's a pic I knocked up a while back showing those straps JFJ :)
ANHstraps.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ Oct 13 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1337691[/snapback]</div>
Take a look at the guy in the background,note his ab plate detail is upside down
[/b]

Yeah, the same upside down ab plate can be seen in this pic:

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ Mar 12 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]1204152[/snapback]</div>
As for where Han and Luke kept their clothes while in armor? If we go with the theory that they have them under their armor, Chewie could be carrying their boots in his bag. It's a strech, but hey, it's the movies.
[/b]

Forgive me for going off topic, but has there ever been an explanation as to what Chewie keeps in his "purse"?

oops

<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Oct 13 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1337894[/snapback]</div>
Cool. Better picture. So that is tape around the waist of the trooper on the far left.
waist2.jpg

[/b]

that's not tape. His belt came loose and now you see the erea where the weathering didn't get too.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Oct 13 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1337593[/snapback]</div>
What the heck does the guy on the right have tucked into his codpiece?

stripe.jpg

[/b]

He's just stuffing so he looks bigger. Ya gotta really look good if you want to impress a princess.

Fun posts:)

after reading many posts on why no blast marks on Han and Luke's armor,
just wanted to suggest two additional factors yet to be noted here_____I hope:)
Chewie is really strong, and they did have a Jedi Knight with them...

Odd.... 1 post by Troopermaster, 1 post by Clutch and 2 posts by myself made last night on this thread have mysteriously disappeared?.?.

Mods... what's up?

Anyways, here's my pics again....

crotch_rivet.jpg

Looks like a DOUBLE pop-fasteners on the butt piece, which connects the elastic to a rivet inside the crotch piece (Thanks Paul (troopermaster) for clarification, as I initially though it was the other way around).
Dunno why it needs to be 2 pop-fasteners, considering one would be plenty strong enough.
Oh, and as I said in my post (the first time I posted it.) I don't usually make a habit of looking at men's butts, so no jokes please :$
Interesting close-up of the O2 / thermal detonator cannister as well....

Here's another couple of appearances by Mr. No Stripes:

no_stripes.jpg

ANH_troopers.jpg

Maybe there was more than one helmet in ANH without tube stripes... if it was only one helmet then it was certainly used in a LOT of scenes :)

Cheers,
John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stormtrooper @ Dec 3 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]1370555[/snapback]</div>
Odd.... 1 post by Troopermaster, 1 post by Clutch and 2 posts by myself made last night on this thread have mysteriously disappeared?.?.

Mods... what's up?

[/b]

I think there was a server change yesterday which removed a bunch of posts. Thanks for putting these back up. I'm, working on my armor right now, and wanted to see the "butt" and canister again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Dec 3 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1370699[/snapback]</div>
And another Mr. No-Stripes sighting:
nostripesb.jpg

[/b]

...every time we see Mr. No Stripes, everybody take a drink.

WELL spotted. He certainly gets around doesn't he?

Seriously though, this has got to mean now that tube stripes can be considered an optional decal and no longer essential for screen accuracy. If it had been only one helmet without stripes that could have been considered just been a mistake, but I'm thinking there were actually a few without them.

So has anyone ever spotted 2 Mr No Stripeses in the same frame???

Jeremy

Argghh. Check out the 'floating' troopers in the CGI Special Edition shot above, where Han turns the corner to see dozens of troopers... only a couple of the troopers that were physically there in the original shot have cast reflections on the highly-polished floors.
The CGI added troopers don't cast any reflection on the floor.

Makes you wonder who did the CGI work on the Special Editions... I've seen better Photoshopping on this forum...
I realise the Special Editions were made 10 years ago now, but that's not caused by lack of software or technology... just sloppy digital artistry IMO :thumbsdown
And there's an extra shot of Luke's landspeeder entering Mos Eisley where they've added 2 stormtrooeprs on one side of the street... and simply mirror-flipped it to make it look like there are another 2 troopers on the other side... :angry

Cheers,
John

PS - BTW some of the posts on this thread still seem to be appearing and disappearing at random?.?.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gonk27 @ Dec 4 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]1371079[/snapback]</div>
WELL spotted. He certainly gets around doesn't he?

Seriously though, this has got to mean now that tube stripes can be considered an optional decal and no longer essential for screen accuracy. If it had been only one helmet without stripes that could have been considered just been a mistake, but I'm thinking there were actually a few without them.

So has anyone ever spotted 2 Mr No Stripeses in the same frame???

Jeremy
[/b]

That's a good question....anyone?

BTW John...a lot of threads seem to be wonky lately....the site seems to be going non-linear.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back