Stormtrooper Belt

vaderr2

Okay, I've done a search and see some people using leather from Tandy to make a functional belt. Anyone else doing something different? I'm finally finishing my FX armor after 3 years and looking for ideas on the belt. Thanks Brian

I used a band of Elastic under the armor part. Then I attatch the Cuffs ,holster and Grapling hook set up . The belt looks pretty cool.

It's believed that heavy duty canvas was used for the original belts.I used thin canvas wrapped around 3" elastic for mine as I couldn't find any thick canvas.
belt.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ Oct 2 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1330330[/snapback]</div>
It's believed that heavy duty canvas was used for the original belts.I used thin canvas wrapped around 3" elastic for mine as I couldn't find any thick canvas.
[/b]

You riveted the canvas to the belt?

<div class='quotetop'>(arek @ Oct 2 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]1330362[/snapback]</div>
You riveted the canvas to the belt?
[/b]

LOL :p No I sewn the canvas to the elastic to make the belt.Those rivets are holding the plastic onto the belt and also the holster as per the originals ;)

I like your idea, Troopermaster. Thanks for the suggestion and the beautiful picture, I hope mine turn's out half as nice. Sincerely Brian

I've been thinking about the same technique, but how do you attatch the detonator?

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Oct 3 2006, 02:55 AM) [snapback]1330828[/snapback]</div>
how do you attatch the detonator?
[/b]

Simple.Just bend a strip of 1" flat aluminium bar around your canister and rivet it in place.Make sure you leave a 3" flat spot to slot behind your belt to keep it in place.
clips.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Nov 14 2006, 07:10 AM) [snapback]1357104[/snapback]</div>
I made mine from belt weight leather. Very sturdy, but i regret the weight it added to the coastume at 4" wide x 48". I would stick with canvas.
[/b]

Yes ,I agree, I´ve used white leather, too. Really sturdy and good for trooping

I made a belt from relatively heavy canvas purchased at the fabric store. You can leave a 1/4" seam allowance, sew three sides, turn it inside out and iron it, then complete sewing the final (short) side. Worked like a charm. I also left the belt intact underneath the plastic ammo belt section to lend extra strength and keep the plastic from splitting over time. The plastic section was attached using rivets.

The only issue I have with the canvas is that one of my leather ammo pouches really pulls on the fabric and creates a sag. If I were making it now, I'd add a layer or two of interfacing to the inside of the canvas.

<div class='quotetop'>(tk2647 @ Nov 14 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1357499[/snapback]</div>
Yes ,I agree, I´ve used white leather, too. Really sturdy and good for trooping
[/b]

Since I was doing a Shadow Trooper, I though black leather would add nicely to the look of the set.

The elastic stuff worked "ok" for my belt until I added some pouches. I need something to stop it from sitting under my ass now.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back