Steampunk Tesla Lamp - Finished

Re: Steampunk Tesla Lamp

WE HAVE IGNITION. Sorry to just tease you but our company finally had our Christmas party last night (yeah, March 1) and I had very little time afterword but I did manage to completely finish the project. I plugged it in and was overjoyed. Looks great and no shorts or shocks. I'm taking it to work this evening so I can do a controlled, uncluttered photo shoot. Hope to have finished pics tomorrow.

Done. I'm really, really excited with how my first steampunk effort came out. My regular hobby is building plastic models and I was able to apply some of those techniques. The lamp is structurally rigid, heavy, and lights real well. The Edison bulbs are 60-watts each. The flicker lights don't put out many lumens but really brings the piece to life. Enjoy the pics.

FrontLitAmbient-vi.jpg

TopLitDarkDown-vi.jpg

FlickerLightsLitDownAmb-vi.jpg

TopUnLitLightDown-vi.jpg

FrontLitDark-vi.jpg

PowerCordInlet-vi.jpg

If this has inspired anybody for their own projects, feel welcome to PM me if you have any questions about how I did something. I'll be happy to share the love.

Re: Steampunk Tesla Lamp (Finished)

Just one last edit to the title to indicated completion. Thanks for your interest.

Edit: never mind, maybe can't edit thread title. (unless i'm blind :$). Anyway, thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

This looks great. You can edit the title. Edit your first post then click advanced or some such and there you can edit it.

That's an excellent creation!

It makes me think of the device from 'From Beyond,' (the short story, not the movie).

This looks great. You can edit the title.

Thanks Gix, that's the trick. I was just in the wrong post on first attempt.

Thanks for the attaboys everyone. The lamp is at my fiancee's and though bulbs are 60-watts each, they're a bit dim so it's the perfect TV room lamp

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back