Starting Up

yautjamaster27

Since I'm new I've been inspired to do a pred costume. And I've got a resource of natural clay round my house. I made a basic cardboard structure of my head i plan to structure it with paper mache and then mold my pred head out of the clay. then i found a homemade recipe for latex. so yeah.........

one question: how do you get pics in?!
go to the "more reply options" tab at the the bottom right hand corner, look for the "attach files" tab pic the "choose attachment" and that will take you to your files in your computer. Pick what file you want. click on it and then where it says "attach file"...hit it. You also can "add to post" from there. Just make sure you resize the file if it is too big. That way we can see the pic and not have to scroll around the page to look at it.

thanks, well, here's my progress in photos. took maybe an hour. not big enough for a latex mask, a great sculpture and starting step.

100_0298.JPG

100_0333.JPG

100_0302.JPG

100_0307.JPG

100_0309.JPG

100_0315.JPG

100_0316.JPG

100_0322.JPG

100_0327.JPG

100_0329.JPG

100_0332.JPG

You need to work more on the shape of the head. If you use a human head as a base, it is easier to see where the eyes, mouth and mandibles goes, as well as how big the forehead/crown is and how it slopes. Right now you are kind of missing the brow and head.

But this is good practice so keep on with it. :) If you have a sculpture, figure or some pictures of predators as reference, it can help you with your sculpting. It is always good to watch how someone else has done something and learn from it.
Its not until you have stared yourself blind on something that you will learn how it really looks like. So choose a couple of pictures/photos of a predator head from different views as reference for your sculpt, and keep on sculpting. :)

looks good so far man,.....like it was said,...depends on what you're doing,....if you're looking to mold it to make a mask don't forget
to make it slightly bigger than you want because of latex shrinkage ,.....hate for you to get all the way done and it " not quite fit on "

that'd make me destroy things and break windows,...

o right on man,.....nothing was meant by that ,....just meant that if you mold it you need to make the jowels and teeth seperate
makes way cleaner molds and it's easier to pull off every detail

( as well as getting the sculpt back out of the mold )

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back