Starting out!

Sekular

Evening all!

A friend of mine has long wanted to make a Predator costume for herself and having thought about it and discovered a wealth of knowledge on this amazing forum, we have decided to pursue this daunting task together to keep each other motivated!

We are armed with some costuming and miniature modelling experience but honestly have no idea where we would begin with creating something as complex and daunting as a complete Pred costume.

More or less what we are after is some 'essential reading', any threads here that are vital for beginners to read (apart from the forum rules, I searched and couldn't find anything else within this vein) in starting out?

Where should we start out? Suit? Gear? Armour? Weapons? Thoughts?

Any other info that you would like to share would be awesome!

Looking forward to getting underway on this amazing project! ^^

-Sekular

Although the links Uratz posted are very very helpful.

BUT at the risk of sounding like a standard message. . . . . . . Search, search search.

In my opinion, searching this forum and reading is half the fun, also there is no, ONE way, to do this, one persons easy project may scare the bejesus out of another, you may find one thred sparks your imagination etc etc, so by all means look at the above links, but rest assured, there are many many many different ways to make a suit, and they all cater for different budgets.

As for where to start, maybe a mask and skin suit are the best place to begin, but again each to his or her own

i never intended to makle a pred costume, but saw a mask on ebay so bought is, it was raw and i had no idea about painting it but upon searching i came across the lair, at the time there were a few mask step by step paint-ups and it helped alot, after that i was hook and searched and read pretty much every single post on this forum. all the info is here and i think it's just personal preference on where to start. if or when i decide i want to build another suit tho i think i will save up and get all the skin at the same time, head, body, legs, feet and hands and paint it at the same time. my biggest problem was getting all the pieces to match.
my advice to you would be use the search, make some notes on what you actually want to do and then start at the top and work down

i am starting my suit next weak and as far as i am going, i am starting with the head,then skin, then the armour and such. so i would start by either sculpting a head, buying a head or makea gusderk head. hope this helps you

Hello, and welcome from another new member! All the folks here have been super-awesome!!! I am beginning my first suit too, so maybe we'll make great progress together!

Hi Sekular,
I'm in the process of making my very first pred suit ( as well as an alien suit at the same time).
I started out by making my feet, then the armour and now I have moved on to sculpting the head and making my dreds.
I don't really think it matters where you start just pick what you want or have the resources to make first and dosome searching in the huntorials or come up with a new way of doing think\gs, i think the way did my feet and dreds are a bit different but i works.
Once you break the costume down into its components it becmes a lot easier and less intimidating.

Good luck

~Kelz

Thanks very much for the friendly welcome all!

And thanks for all the info, it's given my friend and I a great idea of where to start from.

Shall definetly use the search function to it's fullest potential so as not to bother you too much and looking forward to sharing our work with you in the future!

Thanks again!

-Sekular

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back