Starting a new build - Dragonball Z!!! scouter done (except paint)!!!

Re: Starting a new build - Dragonball Z!!! bondo and sanding scouter Nov. 14th!

it is, isnt it?

and as i said, pretty simple:
super_saiyan_vegeta_wig_1_by_otakukawaii86-d3dv971.jpg

Very nice Hair, but i think the real hair will look better later. Or maybe not the Foam Hair looks a little more Anime style. But both very nice

you are aware that this is a before after pic? the real hair is ontop of the foam shapethingie

Eye,

You are a genius, the hair look amazing! I can't wait to see this done

The hair is crazy......U should make 2 wigs the normal black and the super saiyan. Keep up the good work.

Re: Starting a new build - Dragonball Z!!! red visor 17th Nov!!!

got some red acrylic yesterday (3 bucks for 20x10 cm is quite ok :) )
and today i got to cutting and sanding it into shape. after shaping it, i put it in the oven and bent it over the paper one i had made before, which i wrapped in aluminium foil to prevent sticking. i made the slight mistake of sanding the part that goes into the scouter before bending it, now this is slightly crooked, due to the thinner material there, but that doesnt really matter, as its inside the scouter anyway :D

sooo i finished sanding today, and also cut all the acrylic pieces into shape, that were still left to do. also some detail work on the ear part inside

it is still in 4 pieces, because im thinking about casting it and making a few different colored ones
im getting a vynil ear cover from an ear protector sometime soon, that is going to go over the base plate, so that it is gonna be comfortable, and black :) (special thanks to rogue for it :) )
its gonna get a coat of white color, after having it assembled, but theres no rush in this, as i need to finish so much other stuff on the costume, and this is the work of maybe an hour :)

the pics dont do it justice, as i only have my phone cam, and the acrylic still has its protective foil on it, so it doesnt shine as nicely yet and isnt as seethrough yet
but over all this is the finished thing, minus a few tweaks :)

enjoy :)

thx :)
you wouldnt believe how many work hours go into one of those :)
i thought about doing a run, but first i need to sell the run of cap shields that we made xD

the eye piece is finished, minus paintjob, im atm at my parents so i cant do anything till new years, i have to many projects going xD

EOS How is the chest armor build going? I hadn't seen an update on that in awhile. But everything looks great.

Also let me know if you are still looking for wig Tutorials. I have a couple of them that I can send you on how to combine wings to get that look. The specific tutorial i have is on how to do cloud from FF7 but it is a similar hairstyle.

Interested in how you managed to get the hair for that anime look! Is that from a pep file? if so could you sling it my way! looks great btw! bet it's sick all together

Holy!! That's the best hair setup I've ever seen!! Vegeta is my favorite character in DBZ, and I'm glad your doing it good!! Make the Prince of come alive my friend...thumbs up!!

Awesome scouter and armor here. I came here when looking around for various wigs. That Super Saiyajin wig posted is actually mine created by my fiance. For anyone interested she has a tutorial posted on her deviant art account.

OtakuKawaii86 on deviantART

I also made armor myself here's a pic of her wig and she's holding up my armor.

cell_saga_armor_update_by_otakukawaii86-d3j9lg3.jpg

And here's a few of the costume all together.

krillin_crosses_the_prince_by_liveactionvegeta-d42dveq.jpg

ssj_fusion__by_liveactionvegeta-d58wkk3.jpg

And lastly this was at Otakon 2011 when I proposed to my girlfriend (now fiance) during a DBZ photoshoot. We first met at Otakon 2007. She was dressed as Bulma.

vegeta_proposal_by_liveactionvegeta-d58wkhi.jpg

If for some reason none of the pics show up from above they're on my deviant art LiveActionVegeta on deviantART

Don't forget to check out the tutorial at the link at the top to see how the wig is made if anyone is interested in making one of their own! They're very comfortable!

p.s. I've made new boots since these photos. I never liked those old ones. That was actually the most difficult part for me, lol.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back