Starlord - Ravager's Flight Suit

grudgehammer

Just went ahead and started a new thread for this, since it's technically a "new" cosplay even though it's the same character. Going to be attempting the Ravager's Flight Suit from the end of the movie. One with the helmet and the harness (like this, but with the helmet):

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Gamora-and-Star-Lord1-850x560.jpg

And then another without the helmet while holding the infinity stone:
guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-tv-spot.jpg

Here's a few pictures of where I'm at currently.

10968530_10101979879487761_4199905096297634151_n.jpg10955561_10101979880171391_1174812576492263245_n.jpg

Got the jacket from America Suits. Fits well and it's "accurate enough" to pull off with a little bit of modification. I still need to dirty it up, subdue that bright ass blue and add the armor across the back of the neck/shoulders and lower back. Helmet is from MDuckett and I have lenses from Risu on the way! Also, just bought this:

$_57.JPG

So I can start working on the harness. I considered getting an actual racing harness (which looks like what they based the one in the movie off of) but I didn't wanna spend $200+ on it. Consider my options for the center connecting piece.

Bought some collodium for scaring/cuts.

Will post some more pictures of the helmet and guns sometime this week as I work on them.

Also trying to figure out what to do about the pants. They're the same pattern as the black ones he wears for the majority of the movie just red. Anyone recommend someone they've used for their pants?

Also trying to figure out what to do about the pants. They're the same pattern as the black ones he wears for the majority of the movie just red.

Actually, the flight suit pants are completely different from the black ones. The only similarities of note pattern-wise are that they both have a different fabric on the inside of the legs and crotch than on the outside and that they both have the holster clips attached. Even so, the inside legs panels are different and on the flight suit pants the material is most likely either velvet or suede. Velvet would kind of make more sense since other Ravager costumes also had velvet. Overall, the flight suit pants are less complex than the black ones. The outsides of the thighs have extra panels with a couple grommets and other details. They also have similar holster pads, but red, and (I think) without the embossed squares.

If you're aiming to match the same level of accuracy of the jacket you have, I suggest trying to locate a pair of fairly tight leather pants and swap out the inner-thighs for suede, then add a couple panels to the outside of the thighs. Might want to check with the place that made the jacket. Most of the time those places will not say no to making an extra buck!

Got to wear it altogether finally! Lots of improvements to be made, but I'm pretty happy with the reactions I got from it. Will post more photos when I get to my camera at home but found this one that someone else posted on Instagram that wasn't horrendous.

Ravager Suit_Solo.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back