Stargate SG1 Horus Guard

crypto

I read that the chainmail suits used in the show were actually knitted wool jumpers and pants, thinking this would be a easy and light alternative to real chainmail I started a hunt for a decent jumper ( I couldn't knit to save my life, nor no I have the time).

Found a decent jumper with a "chainmail" look to it.... ordered 2 ... One for the top and one to be cut up and made intochausses (leg mail).
IMG_5556.JPGIMG_5552.JPG

Finished off the shins.

Stay tuned ........................................................................................................

crypto

Chest and back plates all done and ready to go .
IMG_5587.JPGIMG_5586.JPG

And together with the belt.
IMG_5652.JPGIMG_5653.JPG

Stay tuned ...................................................................

crypto

Neck and shoulder piece all painted up and done.

The bigger lines were done with a soldering iron , at first I wasn't to thrilled with the "melted" look of each line but once paint and weathering was added I changed my mind .

IMG_5683.JPGIMG_5684.JPGIMG_5685.JPGIMG_5686.JPGIMG_5687.JPG

Stay tuned ..............................................................................................

Reactions: v1a

v1a

Great detailing! Big thanks for sharing your work - used it as guide for my costume! :thumbsup
For big deep lines I used rotary tool with cylindrical grinding stone

Attachments

crypto

I realized I had forgotten the side panels on the chest armour .. so back to the workbench with those pieces.

IMG_5766.JPGIMG_5767.JPG

I had some issues with the 1st face I made so I made a 2nd and got it painted up ready for weathering.

IMG_5768.JPGIMG_5769.JPGIMG_5770.JPG

Stay tuned ..............................................................................................

horus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great work, I am just cutting out paper templates to start my build, and may now change to foam as the detail looks amazing.

did you use a template for the lines or just freehand them

Richard.

crypto

Thanks for the encouraging words all ! :)

Superhorus - no template used for the lines mate . I picked a couple of pictures that showed the lines and just free handed them .

Ok .. well the helmet is all finished.. face glued on and a black mesh screen glued in so no-one can see me in it.

Stay tuned .............................................................................

Mandi

Dude, this is insane!

I cannot wait to see the fiished product all together.

Makes me want to build the head on mine now..

Venom1989

this is so freakin awesome :O

i think i will start my own Horus Guard this week - your work is so inspiring :thumbsup

crypto

Time to make a start on the staff weapon ....... pvc pipe and foam used.

Plaster was applied to the foam to give some texture... it's a water based plaster so a paint brush and water can be used to smooth it out.

Details added with 2mm foam and I used alfoil to bulk out the detail .

Primer sprayed on and ready for final coats.

IMG_5865.JPGIMG_5866.JPGIMG_5867.JPGIMG_5868.JPG

Stay tuned ......................................................................................

Last edited:

crypto

Not having the time or patience to make chain mail I found some on-line perfect for what I needed.

I have attached this to a leather belt .... it's got a bit of weight to it.

Staff weapon is all finished and ready to go !

I have made a "skirt" all that's left to do is try it all on and make sure it sits well.

Pictures soon :)

Stay tuned ...................................................................................................