Interest Stargate section now with lights!

So far on the dogbone light I have made a solid resin one, one with a resin front and backfilled with rigid 10lb foam and just a foam one. I am going to try one in smooth on featherlite next and then decide which is best. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have a for sale thread up. P.S. look out for the Ori sconce that is in rubber as I type:D

Long time no chat andy. I am very interested in both the SG1 amd atlantis versions of this. Not sure if i would do one section of each or three sections of the SG1 and the whole shebang of atlantis. Is there a way to mod the chevron i bought from you last year, to add three of the sg1 glyphs to that, or do i need to get the whole set?

I've been waiting SO long to see this happen. First I just wanted a chevron, now I'm greedy and want the gate piece too! Andy, please say you have some kind of a plan. :D

I will get some measurements for it tomorrow but it will be about 56" x 38" x 10" so is a big piece. It is only the front as I can't see the point of having the back when it is on the wall. I just don't know if it's worth making as the shipping will be around £250-£300:(

Wow. the shipping costs are very high.
Maybe you can split the pieces as a "Do It Yourself" kit to minimize the shipping costs?

you know what i mean? so the parcel has only the half size.

split.jpg

That was my thinking. A bit of creative deconstruction and it should be shippable in pieces. Andy, people want this. I want this. We gotta find a way to make it happen. :cool

If it could be bought and shipped in pieces that would be Great would it work with the Chevron i allready got from you Andy ?

shipping costs are a bit steep. i would like front and back. Maybe have it similar to the sections that the studio sold. Maybe a bit more polished on the ends versus the plywood with hand holds. Even maybe have front as one section and the back as another. either way this will be a must have.

I too would like one. And agree that making it as a kit would cut shipping costs significantly. I'm shocked that it would cost 300 pounds to ship. I have ordered much larger and heavier items from further away places for way less. It cost me 400 dollars to ship
a whole car, from Ireland to USA. I'd check into freight shipping. But if not, cut it into pieces and ship it as a kit. I'd in fact prefer a kit anyway. I like to build just sometimes don't or can't do the design or sculpts. Thanks and it looks great

I've just had a look at the section and I can send it in three main sections, top ring, Glyph panel and lower ring. I could get some back frame parts CNC'd so it can screw together and hang on the wall like this.

I've worked out the shipping rates for 12kg and it's £ 126 with UPS and probably £15-£20 for the boxing and packing. I don't think I will offer the back panel as it will be an expensive mould and it can't be made in sections so it will cost a lot more for shipping.
If I do this section it will be some time away as I have so many project that I have started and need to finish first.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back